Tropical Fish Keeping banner

more fry!!

5K views 51 replies 5 participants last post by  biokid101 
#1 ·
HEY GUYSS!!! guess what my female finally gave birth!! i saw a fry dart across the tank and got eaten while i was trying to save it..of course i knew who it was so i took her and put her in a breeders net and she handled it well.she wasnt even trying to get out!! so after about an hour she had a total of 22 fry plus 3 eggs plus 3 that got eaten.so she was supposed to have 28 but sadly stuff happened.but anyway that brings my total of fry to 56!!! 3 weeks old swordtail fry, 1 month and 9 day old guppy fry and 1 week and 6 day old guppy fry!!! i saw about six or seven come out of her and i love seeing that!!! leave a response please thanks

#2 ·
i thought i was just seeing things but my females guppy had an egg aswell ???? rather odd and iv just caught 1 more fry....this fry is a true survivor as its been in the main tank for about 20 hours and still hasnt been eaten......by the way biokik the competition was close but thanks for your posts about my fry and i hope you have good luck with yours :):):) also i saw her when she was begining birth and i was there throught it all till she finished :):):)

#3 ·
i hope all goes well for u too and what a survivor haha!! same with me i stayed and watched the whole time.. and she was getting skinnier every drop and 2 came out everytime..

#4 ·
there were about on average 2 mins between each fry coming out but 2 did com out together......i will have a pic tmoro.

#5 ·
ok i wish i can get pics but i only have pics on my cellphone. i think there was 2 minutes in between drops with mine too.. they r light colored like my first batch and my second batch is darker.i have two red colored swordtail and one with half black and half orange. my female still has a orange red colored gravid spot.

#6 ·
so has mine.....i think its just her losing the excess weight probs same with yours but mine is like 1/4 of the size she was but mine were all almost white but 1 was darker than the rest :):):)

#7 ·
omg same with me!! at first i didnt know it was hers!! its so wierd last time u had that one survivor on the 15th of january and i had my drop on the 16th and yesterday u had ur drop and today i had my drop hahaha one day apart!!!

#9 ·
AHAH that will be really funny..well if mine actually survives this time! i hope she does and she is looking fine just like she was when she was pregnant up and about..

#10 ·
when i woke up this morning i found my male in the babies side! i got so scared cause there are 3 day old babies in there and can easily be eaten but my male has a small mouth and i never saw him try to eat one but i think he did eat some :( :( im gonna have to do a count

#11 ·
ok so today i found the wierdest thing today.one of my older fry is 2 times bigger than all the other fry and it has its tail fully colored in and looks exactly like the mom!! its gravid spot is bigger than all the other fry and it has a black spot in it. im hoping its not pregnant cause it can die.its almost 2 months old tho.
i found this fry before but it hides so good so i only see it once in a while.last time i saw it was a week ago and i guess it got all its color in that time.( why arnt my males getting color at all?

#12 ·
i know females develop faster than males but when the males develop they grow and change very fast......do you remember the fry i had born last november....well one of them has only just developed its gonapodia...:):):)....tso some are just quicker than others and i remember when my last 2 drops were together i HAD to resease a big fry because i was scared it was almost bigg enough to eat its brothers and sisters :)

#13 ·
oh wow so its gonna be a long time before any of the males get thier gonopodia develops! so in the mean time ill just relax so i dont get overflowed with fry! so i counted all my babies and now i only have 41
1st drop 12, second drop 7, 3rd drop 21(all these guppy fry), plus one swordtail fry.

#14 ·
i have 25 fry .....some males also develop faster than other males....back in december when i moved "females" to my grandmas fish tank 3 turned out to be male and my male that has just changed is from the same drop ????....strange :):):)

#15 ·
wow thats wierd!! :/ i found an L shaped fry today ughh! im not gonna kill it its to sad.but im not gonna let it live for more than a month. today an older female is getting ablue tint to its tail around the edges.i cant wiat to see what it looks like.

#16 ·
lol i killed it.but anyway yesterday night i put 1 fry in with the adults and it didnt get attacked that much or nipped at all.then i put another one in ther and they didnt attrak that one eitherr. but today when i got home from school one of the babyes had its tail nipped a little so i took them both out.

#17 ·
thats odd none of my adults attack babys that wont fit in there mouth and the 1 baby i put in my tank is gettind a black on the bottom of its tail :):):)....i hate having to "remove" deformed or damaged babys...not good :(:(:(

#19 ·
for me in my last drop on the 25th of february i only had one deformed fry so far and they r two weeks old today.my first batch i had about 26 babies and had to kill half of them due to deformities so it happens sometimes.i had none deformed in my second batch.they r all guppies btw

#20 ·
update: first batch-13 weeks old starting to get some color on some. second batch: 9 weeks old and very dark colored.third batch: 7 weeks old and still small? some of my older ones r not growing much.shouldnt i be able to put them in the adult side already?

#21 ·
i have put 3 large fry in my large tank and they have just fit right in :):):)

#23 ·
bad idea for me....i found 1 half eaten (smallest 1) so i found the other 2 and put it back into baby tank :):):)

#26 ·
i know i have removed them and there back in fry tank GROWING but it wont be long and il try get a pic or the huge fry (only 1) thats been in big tnk for about a month (SHE was born in january) :):):)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.