Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Help with my baby boy's name... (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/help-my-baby-boys-name-37852/)

wake49 02-23-2010 03:26 PM

Help with my baby boy's name...

My wife and I have been tossing around a few names that we were fond of and she has rejected quite a few of mine, :oops:, so we have been referring to the unborn baby as "Roo." (that's a winnie the poo reference...)

We have told our respective family members the sex of the baby, and a false due date (in order to relieve ourselves from anybody calling us a week prior and asking, "has he come yet?!?"). We have left the name as the only surprise, so we have only each other to bounce the names off of...

That's where TFK comes in! I am posting a poll and asking your opinions on these names we are stuck on. Any other suggestions or criticisms are welcome!

findingjohn 02-23-2010 03:33 PM

Why not a name like Zack. One day he might grow up to be a Logistical Aquatic Technican Engineer. You did not say if it was a boy or girl. Some people have different names each one.

wake49 02-23-2010 03:47 PM

He is going to be a boy.

Zack is one of the names that I love but my wife is, "eh" on. I am a huge fan of biblical names, Zacharia, Jacob, Nathaniel, etc...and she is more towards the uncommon names.

BTW, I voted for my own fav...

willow 02-23-2010 04:47 PM

hi
i votes for Paxton.
my grandson is roo :-D short for Riley.i should put a picture in the members photo bit
of us both.
both you and your better half have choses lovely strong names for him,i wish you
luck,perhaps it will be easier when he arrives.

Mean Harri 02-23-2010 05:14 PM

I vote for Gideon (first name) and Camden as a middle name. If Camden would not want to be used as a middle name then scrap it for a first name. Considering Camden is a city in NJ I'd be hesitant to use it at all lol. The garbage state don't ya know. hehe

Who all ya'll voting for Paxton? You wanna get the kid beat up every day in school? Palease people... word!

mollies 02-23-2010 05:19 PM

Brogan Is a good name.
Paxton is a town here in nebraska.

Mean Harri 02-23-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mollies (Post 331011)
Brogan Is a good name.
Paxton is a town here in nebraska.

You're right. Forgot about that. I've been through Paxton.

Here's one. I love name game. I create names out of thin air for characters for the game I play. Ezekial. It's biblical and not common. Fits both your criteria.

dramaqueen 02-23-2010 06:13 PM

I knew someone with a girl named Paxton.I like Gideon or Camden.

Angel079 02-23-2010 06:40 PM

Could the voting list be changed and we add Nathaniel to it? It would get all my 100's vote if it was on the list :-)

JohnnyD44 02-23-2010 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mean Harri (Post 331014)
You're right. Forgot about that. I've been through Paxton.

Here's one. I love name game. I create names out of thin air for characters for the game I play. Ezekial. It's biblical and not common. Fits both your criteria.

my wife named the stuffed mini-zebra on her dash board ezekial haha
yeah, you can smell Camden from Philly hahaha