Tropical Fish Keeping banner

can a Black Lancer catfish live with little fish?

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Shooter311 
#1 ·
I'm buying my buddies 29 gallon tank from him, but he has some fish in there I don't want. he has 5 african cichlids, a electric catfish, and a black lancer cat. Any of these could be mine if I wanted them but I'm affraid they will eat my little fish I already have (6 platies, 4 albino cory cats, 3 tetras, 2 kuhli loaches, 1 pleco). I really like the looks of the black lancer cat, but don't know how it will react to the little fish. I tried to look it up and found nothing. The cat is about 6" long and does nothing but hide upside down all day in a cave. Can I keep him or will he eat my other fish?

#3 ·
Thanks for the info.... Sorry for the confusion but he just found out its not a lancer cat like he was told. he just took it to the local pet store and they said it is a lace cat. The LFS said it could live with smaller fish but they were not sure. So any info on the LACE cat would help out a lot. Thanks again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.