Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater and Tropical Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/)
-   -   A day of shopping... (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/day-shopping-37664/)

molliefan09 02-20-2010 07:06 PM

A day of shopping...

soo....we just got home from a day full of stores....fish stores that is!! I have been wanting to convert my molly tank into a guppy tank for quite some time...a friend of mine took all my mollies...left me with a BN pleco, 2 neon tetras, an apple snail, and 3 albino cory cats....i came home with 6 male fancy tail guppies, 5 more neon tetras, a blue mystery snail, and 2 more albino cory cats...for stocking our 250 and 160 gallon tanks we came home with a fire eel and the prettiest red/tiger oscar i have ever seen!! my brother in-law also went with us and got a baby black ghost knife...against my word of advice....but all in all i am VERY pleased with my fishies!!:-D

xrayjeeper83 02-20-2010 08:38 PM

Very cool, I did the same thing today. Came home with 6 neons, 6 red eye'd, 4 corys. Second trip came home with a betta for my GF's kids tank after she let me have her 9 neons

Jayy 02-20-2010 08:57 PM

I came home with 6 black phantoms,2 female platies,1 male sailfin molly,and 2 free ghost shrimp

molliefan09 02-20-2010 09:24 PM

it was a great day for fish shopping

aunt kymmie 02-20-2010 11:25 PM

I went fish shopping too, came home with nothing. Plenty that I wanted but I have to wait until I set up a new tank. I've been on craigslist daily, actually went and saw a tank yesterday and today, so far no luck. I'll keep trying. Congrat to you all on your new additions.

molliefan09 02-21-2010 09:16 AM

what kind of tank are looking to get kymmie??

rosehower 02-21-2010 09:57 AM

that is so strange! we all went shopping!?:lol:
i did too!!
i came home with 9 black neon tetras (29g with puffers), and 6 inch and a half Japonica shrimps(5.5g alone. getting new filter today to upgrade) ((6 that are 1.5 inches, not 6 and a half inches! thatd be insane!!)

my fiance came home with: (to my advice not to yet):roll: (ther're in the 20g just set up just for them)
2 kenyi cichlids (1 male 1 female) Metriaclima lombardoi
1 Lithochromis rubripinnis AKA Blue Pseudonigricans
1 Labidochromis Hongi (hongi Island)

they seem to like eachother. the kenyi male (yellow w eggspots on anal fin) did the "shimmy" next to the girl kenyi (blue, no eggspots).
I was like WHAT!? :shock:
they're still babies and already trying to figure out how to spawn!!:rofl:

Angel079 02-21-2010 11:09 AM

AWESOME!!!! Can we say pictures please?

aunt kymmie 02-21-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molliefan09 (Post 329586)
what kind of tank are looking to get kymmie??

I looked at a 180gl yesterday and tonight I'm looking at a 220gl. The 180 had crap for filtration. I found a really nice 65 but it won't come close to solving my problems. When I stocked my 100 I knew the day was going to come for something bigger and that day is quickly approaching, LOL.

Like Angel requests, pics of all the new fish, please. :-)

molliefan09 02-21-2010 12:54 PM

i will post some pics in a few...gotta find my camera:shock:.....yes kymmie....i know what you mean....are 160 is now stocked and we are getting our 250 up and running next weekend hopefully so we can get them all moved over to give them more room....if you were only closer ive got a 180 im trying to rid myself of:cry:....they accidently threw some females in (3 to my 6 males) so i have to them out before they get chased to death....