Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Cichlids (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cichlids/)
-   -   New angelfish! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cichlids/new-angelfish-37605/)

Freddy 02-19-2010 08:04 PM

New angelfish!

I finally got my angelfish!:-D They've just been released, and are actively exploring their new home!:-) I have, supposedly, 3 "white" angels (never heard of these) and 2 koi angels, but the fish are still pretty young, so no colors yet. The guy at my lfs (he's really knowledgeable when it comes to fish:-)) said he would get a marbled one for me too, so I'll have 6 fish in all. I'll post pics soon.

Austin 02-19-2010 08:39 PM

Grats on the angelfish :] I read before it's best to introduce all the angelfish at the same time if you're trying to breed. but I bet it'll be fine.

You make me wanna try breeding angels againn. :p

But anyways unless the angelfish are very small I don't think they are going to develop any other colors really except maybe a more gold coloring on their head of some. The spots grow with their body... I've had angelfish babies before that are now adults. :o

rrcoolj 02-20-2010 08:10 AM

Congratulations!

You won't be disapointed with angels thier great fish.

Freddy 02-20-2010 08:00 PM

6 Attachment(s)
pics!:-D
The one with 2 angels is a pic of the ones that are supposed to be koi.
And the flower pot is something for them to lay eggs on.

As long as I keep the water level high enough, the current isn't too strong for angels.

rrcoolj 02-20-2010 11:30 PM

love em! they look great setup looks descent too.

Freddy 02-24-2010 04:34 PM

Thanks. I need to get a background, but my lfs is out of the size I need!:|

R.I.P. 1 white angel - unnamed

Idk what killed the angel, it had no shredded fins, no eyes gouged out, no discoloring, no parasites (as far as I could tell), and no sicknesses (as far as I could tell).

rrcoolj 02-24-2010 05:34 PM

Sorry about your lost. Is the tank cycled? What about the parameters?

Freddy 02-25-2010 04:44 PM

The tank's been cycled for about a month now. I think it may have just been stress. I'll post parameters once I've had a chance to test them all, it will take a while.

And I'm getting the last one today!:-D
Not sure what kind it will be, I thought the lfs guy would just get me a marbled one, but today I called and he said they had just gotten some new angels (they get theirs from some local breeders) and I could come by and get one. So still probably marble, but maybe black or natural or whatever they have.

I have a question: Will farlowella catfish eat fish eggs? They look cool and I'd like to keep one or two in the tank with my angels, but if they eat eggs, I guess I can't do that.
BTW, the lfs that sells them says they grow to be 7 inches or less. Is that right?

rrcoolj 02-28-2010 08:20 PM

Im not familar with that type of catfish but any fish will eat fish eggs. The parents should be able to defend thier brood from them though.

Angel079 02-28-2010 08:24 PM

Very pretty Angels there!
For the background....If you want dark which will make them stand out more, go to your next best Walmart's Car section and buy black window tint., looks pretty neat if you ask me :-)