Pep's new and first 90g
Well, aftera few months of research and then ordering and buying parts and pieces my 90g tank is sitting on a piece of board styrofoam on its stand with a black background attached. Here are a couple VERY early day pictures of what I hope turns out to be a successful tank:)
Long story short it will have black eco-complete substrate and be planted. Early plans for fish are:
Bristlenose Pleco 2 ea
Kuhli Loach 5 ea
Dwarf Neon Rainbows 10 ea
Cherry Barbs 8 ea
Pearl Gourami 4 ea
Ghost Shrimp 8-10 ea
The rainbows might get changed and the quantities may change up or down somewhat as we are still a bit away from putting any fish in it. I have to put together the Eheim 2128 thermofilter I bought and test it out before I put any substrate in and water in. I would hate to get the substrate in and then find out the filter doesn't work and kill off the bacteria the eco complete comes with:)
Early plans for plants are:
Echinodorus Bleheri - Amazon Sword 3ea
Vallisneria Spiralis - Corkscrew Val 3ea
Microsorum pteropus - Java Fern on dw 1ea
Echinodorus tenellus - Pygmy Chain Sword 1ea
Cabomba Caroliniana - Fanwort 2ea
Cryptocoryne - Green Wendtii 3ea
Hydrocotyle leucocephala - Brazilian Pennywort 1ea
The chain sword will not go in right away as I want to play with the layout some before and the quantities above may change as I find holes or lack of same in the layout
That's goon look nice planted up nice and heavy.
I sure hope so Eric:)
Anyways as an update, filled the tank today with the Python. VERY nice device. Only small critique is the main plastic parts at the faucet end. I have the brass quick connect adapter and it seems great but I am getting some minor leaks from where the plastic parts connect in the main unit. No big deal other than wiping up a bit of water around the sink.
After filling the 90g about 7/8 full I primed the eheim and turned it on. Very easy and very slick. And VERY quiet. Without media it worked like a hot d*mn so I know I can go the next phase without worrying about no working filter ;-).
The pyhon drained the whole 7/8 of 90g in about 15-20 minutes which I thought was awfully quick really.
Next phase is plant shopping tomorrow and if I can find what I want I'll be putting in the eco-complete substrate and plants and turning on the filter and starting this sucker up:thumbsup:
Sounds awesome, can't wait to hear about and see pics as the tank develops!!
Can't wait to see this tank come together.
You definitely have a lot more space for fish than just those you've listed. I would consider getting 9 cherry barbs instead of 8 (3 males 6 females) and bumping the loaches up to 10 or so. The loaches have a very small bioload and are fond of hiding, so the more, the merrier. On top of that I think you could add another school or two of fish and maybe a couple more "centerpiece" type fish.
I appreciate the input. I was basing the fishload on AqAdvisor which I know is a guideline and not necesarily a definitive answer. I think I will start with the 9 barbs and maybe 5 loaches (hard to find Kuhli Loaches where I live so far) and go from there. Do you any suggestions on another centerpiece type of fish that would fit with the ones I am getting?
Dwarf cichlids are a good choice. Anabantids like gouramis or bettas are nice, too. These fish tend to be territorial so you have to be careful with the stocking, though.
As far as schoolers? Oh, any type of peaceful schooling fish that's not so large that it'll eat your smaller fish would be fine. Non-nippy barbs, tetras, danios, rasboras, etc.
Oh that's gonna be SO NICE - Black back is right down my ally real neat! And yes I can only second the idea of ONE chain sword (E. tenellus ) in there they spread so quick its crazy; 6 weeks into having had my latest one planted I started pulling some out already lol
Well, next step. 2 nice pieces of driftwood and about 3/4 of the plants bought. Put in the eco-complete substrate and filled the tank 3/4 of the way up and planted the plants I was able to get. No Pennywort anywhere near where I live and it sounds like it is hard to come by. I might have to substitue another plant similiar for the back wall in the right corner where I planned on putting them.
Lots of CO2 bubbles so I will let everything settle for a day before taking a picture to post. Will be checking the water parameters tomorrow night as well. Starting to look like an aquarium though:shock:.
I can't wait to see the first pic's there!!!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.