Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Lemon tetra problem! (with photos)

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  1077 
#1 ·
Hi

Was wondering if someone could help diagnose a problem (if i have one)

I have attached 2 photos of my lemon tetras.

Up until now their bodies have been almost see-through - recently however, with one there seems to be a growth (like grains of sand) either iinside or outside their bodies (its hard to tell as theyr see-through) behind the anus and below the lateral line. I doubt it is pregnant as there are some dots on the top near the dorsal fin (see for yourself!).

Other than that they seem fit and healthy - no scratching. Could it still be ICH?

(i dont know if its relevant but my other fish occasionally rub against the leaves and rocks - but this stopped after a recent water change)

55l tank - parameters are fine

Please help!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hmmmm... the only dots I can make out are in the first pic - the fish on the right.

If it looks like grains of salt on the outside of their bodies, it's prolly Ich.

Sorry :(

#4 ·
no go buy a white spot (ich) trwatment and heat your water to around 30C...this should clear it up...:):):)

#6 ·
I don't see anything either that would lead me to suspect ICH.
Please post numbers for water parameters, Ammonia should be zero,nitrites should be zero,and nitrAtes no higher than 20 ppm. To keep fishes healthy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.