Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Finally - a hobby for me!!!

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Gallima 
#1 ·
Yay!!! So -- this is going to be my thing. (Hey, I'm Miss Gallima)

I have settled on adopting a Betta, as my pet friend (which I never ever thought would have been my pet of choice previously), and I do plan on growing live plants in a 5 gal tank-- aquascaping will be just as fun as treating my little friend.

I am currently in college, and will be having to relocate during summer breaks, so I hope a 5 gal tank will do for now. (Although I really want a nice long 10 gal tank for my Betta friend).

After I purchase my needed supplies, I will begin putting together my aquarium, and one the nitrogen cycle is complete, I will pick a Betta for me.

I've never been so excited!!! A hobby I'm psyched about!!!! In two years, when I'm done with school and own a home, I can see myself with multiple tanks. This is good!

#4 ·
Welcome. You can ask the community anything you need to, from the nitrogen cycle to stocking suggestions.

#5 ·
In my 30 plus years the most tanks I've ever had was 174-Don't ask. The least zero. The average 15. They are fun to have and it always seems the new cool thing you just learned about can't go in the tank (s) you have. I have had over a 1,000 kinds of fish over the years and I always feel like I'm just getting started.

Once your settled or before you may want to keep an eye on the forum classifieds. You may a tad more but the fish and plants will be worth it. A lot of times, people will give away free stuff and that helps when you're getting started.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.