Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Tropical Fish Diseases (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/)
- - Anchor worms (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/anchor-worms-369122/)
I have a killi fish that I beilve has anchor worms a small mass on her abdoman with 4-5 red "strings" coming out of it what product do I get for treatment, should i sperate and just treat her or the whole darn tank? She was only 1 of 2 fsh from this source however has been in the tank for a about a week I only noticed it yesterday and after a few hours the lump was smaller and the red "strings" were gone...
can anyone help?
1. Size of tank? 55-65
2. Water parameters
unsure it gets tested at a fish store
3. Temperature? 78
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? Freshwater.
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? 1 year maybe more?
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them? 5 male gupies 9ish female gupies, 3 male mollies 7 female mollies, 1 male 1 female platty, 6 tetras, 4 danios, golden algy eater, killifish all are around 1-3 inches
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? No.
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? yes both
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? Gravel.
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? yes,yes,yes, no
9. a. Filtration? not sure of kind but yes
b. Heater? yes
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? None.
b. Any sunlight exposure? yes (1/4 of tank) part of day
11. a. Water change schedule? weekly
b. Volume of water changed? 50-75
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? well
d. Water conditioner used? none
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? during water changes
12. Foods? tropical fish flakes, blood worms
How often are they fed? 2-4 days
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? belly lump
b. Appearance of poop? normal
c. Appearance of gills? normal
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? No.
b. What meds were used? None.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.