Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
- - Slowly waves hello... (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/slowly-waves-hello-36768/)
Slowly waves hello...
Yeah now I'm Alexis. I don't have lots of fish experience but I'm sure I have enough. I've had four fish in my life time, not very many actually but I would like to start a community tank if so I need to learn fast. My poor Betta William died on Monday, I'm so upset because I feel like a terrible fish owner. He was so special, my little angel.
I have just learned about adding fish, but still confused. But like I said, I'm Alexis so getting confused on the easiest things is my life. I understand more complicated things, and when sometime is too easy I want to make it harder for me just because I'm use to it.
I've had 4 fish, which included:
- Blue a blue Betta, I was probably 10 or so of age. My dad liked the cute this more but stopped taking care of it and he got rid of him. Poor fish, he was so sweet in his little too small tank which I think was those Betta starter kits.
- Leif a black Moor, I was 11 when I got him. He was so sweet and nice but the fish he lived with was really mean. I think the other fish nipped at his fins giving him fin rot, but I didn't know what to do when I found out it was too late, he had died without any fins they all rotted away. I feel bad for him.
- Gills a Fantail goldfish, was first my sisters but she never took care of him. This is the goldfish that totally attacked my Leif, but later I took him away from her because she was killing him. But it was too late and he was put down, because he wasn't swimming just floating on his side, I tried everything I could do it was way too late.
- William a blue Betta, he was something special. My poor baby died from stress. He was very strong and got fin rot normally because he was very sensitive. He's fins were a beautiful blue, purple color. I loved him, I really wish I did better. I had taught him tricks but it was his trust and care that I really liked.
Now you understand why my luck with fish is so bad. With animals its the other way around, I've been so attacked to animals even wild. We lost of cat, she had to be put down, that was terrible and I really wish she didn't have to but she was 19 with serious issues.
Now because of my Betta who I recently lost, I have two tanks empty. One is a 3 gallon, the other is a 10 gallon. Anyone who is smart and wants to teach me what cycling is please share! :]
Howdy. I will link this article here for your reading. Tips for Cycling Your New Aquarium - The First Tank Guide - Getting Your Fish Tank Up and Running with Minimal Headaches
It's easier than typing a huge reply. Read and learn as much as you can about everything fishkeeping and for the fish you wish to keep before diving in. Trust me, it's the best way. I'm off to set up my new aquarium.
Welcome to the forum.
Thank you, I will look into that. Your lucky to be setting up a tank, I actually might do that in a few weeks or so. I just after to read more and such this forum is so welcoming!
Hi there wannabe,
Welcome to the forum. Mean Harri sent you a great link. The next question you need to ask yourself is what type of fish you want to keep in both tanks. The 3 gallon would be perfect for a betta and maybe some ghost shrimp or a few dwarf frogs. The tank should be filtered and heated.
Any thoughts of which fish you want to attempt in the 10 gallon? Goldfish usually get too big for that size tank and are notorious poopers so I wouldn't go with them in that size tank.
You'll be able to find everything you need to know to get going again and to keep your fish happy and healthy.
Thanks your so welcoming Romad. I was thinking o f getting 6 neon tetras and a few play fish. Is this okay and if so what are the tempurtures and things I need. Right now I have a filter, a heater and good other things to decorate the tank. Sorry for my spelling, I can't seem to type today.
Recommended temperature range: 68 - 77 F.
Recommended pH range: 5.5 - 7.6.
Recommended hardness range: 1 - 15 dH.
Your aquarium filtration capacity is satisfactory.
Your aquarium filtration capacity for above selected species is 105%.
Recommended water change schedule: 18% per week.
Your aquarium stocking level is 73%.
Recommended fish: 1 x Platy, 6 x Neon Tetra
this there was want I think, is it right?
hello and warm welcome to you.
i hope you will be very happy here,and get all the
information you need.
Hello and wellcome to the forum.
Thank you, your so kind. I'm sure I will get lots of information here more than I'm hoping for :] Everyone here so so so so so smart and helpful, information will come like fish and food.
Thank you your so welcoming! You have nice beautiful bettas, I have 2 and they are awesome. Nice tank set up, cleaning must be interesting! :]
Anything in the small tetra family will do fine in your 10 gal. Howover, I've heard that neons and cardinals are pretty sensitive to hardness and ph.
I've had great luck with serpae tetras in my community tank. They're very pretty and hardy fishies. Emperor tetras are great too - they've got flourescent green and blue eyes. They're all pretty peaceful fish.
Or maybe some fancy guppies (males only if you don't want to deal with fry). I'm moving my 45 gal community tank inhabitants into a 75 gallon as soon as we move in the spring and am thinking of making the 45 gal. a fancy guppy tank. Dunno yet bc when it comes to fish, my mind changes with the wind direction :)
Yeah sometimes that might become a problem. I beat they would die after a while, the tank tempaureter changes sometimes so those poor guys wouldn't last I will think about those other types.
Anyone have any idea how much those fish cost? Around?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.