Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Planted Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/)
-   -   Extra plants (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/extra-plants-36767/)

HollyinWA 02-07-2010 12:17 PM

Extra plants

What do you all do with your extra plants that you cannot use? I hate the thought of throwing them out. I think my LFS takes them in but not sure.

cbirk 02-07-2010 12:55 PM

My LFS does in store discounts. They usualy give me credit for 50-70% of what they sell fore depending on what it is. If that doesn't work you can always fed ex them to me :D

HollyinWA 02-07-2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbirk (Post 321056)
My LFS does in store discounts. They usualy give me credit for 50-70% of what they sell fore depending on what it is.

I think the store here may do something like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbirk (Post 321056)
If that doesn't work you can always fed ex them to me :D

:lol:

Angel079 02-07-2010 01:02 PM

I'd collect whats extra you have over time and once its a few I'd put a add here in the classifieds....or......set up another tank where you can use them :-)

Mean Harri 02-08-2010 11:26 PM

I was just thinking about this a short while ago. The thought of using them for another tank came to mind. Contagious this hobby is. And multi-tankers like Angel there are bad influences. Word

stephanieleah 02-08-2010 11:29 PM

Tradesies. Craigslist. I just found a new trading buddy on craigslist here, even though he thought he was giving me frogbit but it was duck weed! But he also gave me some stuff that looks like african fern, we'll see if it takes in my tank. Also the guy from my LFS said he'd start trading with me on the side, too. But then I found out he belongs to a big aquatic plant club here so I doubt he will care about anything growing in my newbie tanks!

HollyinWA 02-08-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanieleah (Post 322150)
Tradesies. Craigslist. I just found a new trading buddy on craigslist here, even though he thought he was giving me frogbit but it was duck weed! But he also gave me some stuff that looks like african fern, we'll see if it takes in my tank. Also the guy from my LFS said he'd start trading with me on the side, too. But then I found out he belongs to a big aquatic plant club here so I doubt he will care about anything growing in my newbie tanks!

:lol: You got me chuckling again! I am sure I can figure something out. I have to admit that new tanks come to my mind, but then I have to get it off my mind. I can really get into things almost overboard. :roll:

Mean Harri 02-09-2010 05:53 PM

What if one dried them and, never mind. I foget children read here too. I'll likely be throwing some away. Otherwise it will be cut, wrap, drive 20 miles, and the lfs is a high priced place. So much so I don't like the ethics of the pricing there.

Angel079 02-09-2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mean Harri (Post 322146)
And multi-tankers like Angel there are bad influences. Word

:oops: no i'm not...i was just saying...cause of all the pretty plants.....and really you can only have so many fish in one tank...and there's soooo many pretty fish....

redchigh 02-09-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mean Harri (Post 322596)
What if one dried them and, never mind. I foget children read here too. I'll likely be throwing some away. Otherwise it will be cut, wrap, drive 20 miles, and the lfs is a high priced place. So much so I don't like the ethics of the pricing there.

If you're going to throw them away, what if I pay you for shipping or send you the shipping supplies?