Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater Journals (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/)
-   -   Emperor Tetra Action (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/emperor-tetra-action-36687/)

Angel079 02-05-2010 11:38 PM

Emperor Tetra Action

6 Attachment(s)
Been playing paparazzi again tonight ....:-D Hope you guys enjoy....sorry I posted some of the blurry one's but in those you can see their nice blue eyes....I love them guys

Chickadee 02-06-2010 12:03 AM

:nicefish:They are so beautiful! I love how your tank looks so natural! Thanks for sharing!

tropicalfishkeeper 02-06-2010 12:51 AM

WOW! Your fish look amazing! The plants look great too.:-D

Mean Harri 02-06-2010 01:01 AM

I hate you. j/k
I have decided in the last few days that my favorite Tetra, and perhaps fav. fresh water fish is the Emperor Tetra and I want them.
Very nice pictures and thank you for you time and dedication to helping and sharing.

1077 02-06-2010 01:41 AM

Very nice looking fish. Have been contemplating these fish for some time and the photos have confirmed that I must have some. One of the photos pictured blue eyes . Do their eyes appear blue or was it the way light hit them? Always been a sucker for blue eyes.:roll:

Romad 02-06-2010 08:52 AM

I have three of them in my community tank. Two have green eyes and one has blue eyes. I love love love them.

Angel, I think I finally figure out where to find the macro settings on my digital camera so I can post some aquarium pics. this weekend. It's about freakin time huh?

Emperors rock!

Angel079 02-06-2010 09:07 AM

You know for THE LONGEST time I was totally torn between them & Kerri Tetras; since the bodies are the same but coloration is diff....Now I'm happy with what I got :-)

I need to do gardening this weekend thou the Rotala is so long again; its actually blocking the greater left side of the tank's light right now and that ain't good for the tiger lotus.

1077; no their have indeed blue eyes but 9 outta 10 pictures I couldn't get them to show right; actually when watched live for a while dep on the angle their're turning they shimmer green and then BAM this beautiful blue.

Romand I couldn't wait to see some of your tank/ fish pictures!!!

stephanieleah 02-06-2010 12:18 PM

Oh, I love them! And talk about paparazzi, I have, oh, ATM 250 photos in my aquarium photo file. Granted, half of them are blurry bc we have to take a dozen to get one clear shot but hey, it's worth the effort.

THanks for sharing, we sure do love pix!

LisaC144 02-06-2010 03:30 PM

Wow. Beautiful, as always. What's the plant in the background of the 2nd and 3rd picture? I might swap out one of my Amazon Swords for that. I think the Angels would love swimming through that.

Angel079 02-06-2010 03:57 PM

Lisa the fine leaf stem plant? That's Rotala Indica - Grows like WEED in my 45g - Check out some of my aquarium log pictures from the first one to now in the whole tank....It grew crazy; I should have trimmed it ~4" today but bathrm paint took prio so I'll let it go till tomorrow :-)
And yes the Tetras LOVE going in & outta there