Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Catfish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/catfish/)
-   -   I have had it with these Cory's & thier eggs (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/catfish/i-have-had-these-corys-thier-36537/)

Angel079 02-03-2010 11:34 AM

I have had it with these Cory's & thier eggs

Ok, someone needs to either give me a good workable advise or talk to my C. aeneus (Bronze)....

They lay eggs ALL THE TIME since I introduced them in the 55g which is great right, since I'd appreciate some fry...

The deal is while they lay eggs with each weather swing their timing is awful. All I can find in the AM's when I get up is the spots eggs used to be/ chewed up eggs; which I know its the Albino Tiger Barbs getting after them the second they put the eggs there.

That said taking the Cory's out is not a option unless I totally disassemble the planted tank to catch them, which I don't wanna do neither.

Soooo really what are my options? Night shift & flash light with the next storm? :roll:

LisaC144 02-03-2010 12:50 PM

Yes, and catch the eggs military style, like I do. Swoop in when the Albino Barbs least expect it ;-)

Angel079 02-04-2010 09:27 AM

No seriously....anyone got any idea for me?

Kelso 02-04-2010 10:19 AM

I don't know. I woke up again this morning to the remains of eggs all over my glass. If I was to try something, I'd probably grab like a straight edge razor and get them...but that'd be risky in crushing the eggs. And I know if I did that, it would make the puffers wanna go and see what's up. My only suggestion is to try it sneak attack in the middle of the night...though that's a gamble in its own right.

Angel079 02-04-2010 10:21 AM

But see they don't lay eggs every night....I guess I'll try get up early when we have a storm come through again at like 4-5 AM and see if I can get some out before its too late...

Kelso 02-04-2010 10:27 AM

Only if fish wouldn't eat eggs!

ferszty 02-12-2010 03:06 AM

maybe chry putting plants in front of them never breed corys but i wont too

Angel079 02-12-2010 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferszty (Post 324241)
maybe chry putting plants in front of them never breed corys but i wont too

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to tell me here?:-?

creekperson 05-08-2010 11:22 PM

Have you tried putting something easy to take out.. in the tank and watch for them to lay then transfer the sheets of whatever you use to a prepared nursery tank. Just getting back into fish after several years away from the hobby. Creekperson

ferszty 05-16-2010 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel079 (Post 324302)
I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to tell me here?:-?

so they dont see the eggs