Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   What's Your favorite song/band? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/whats-your-favorite-song-band-36514/)

beat2020 02-02-2010 10:39 PM

What's Your favorite song/band?

So what's your favorite song and band?
Post them here!
My favorite song is "Like A Rolling Stone" (Bob Dylan)
Favorite Band "The Beatles"

iamntbatman 02-02-2010 10:49 PM

My favorite band is Mogwai. My favorite song by them is probably "Small Children in the Background."

I like a LOT of different bands from a pretty wide range of genres so it's difficult to pin down favorites. That song, however, has meant a lot to me for a long time.

cmc29 02-02-2010 10:52 PM

Willie Nelson....singing anything....because he's Willie Nelson

Mean Harri 02-02-2010 10:56 PM

This question is hard for me. Without a doubt my favorite band has always been Van Halen. I think I've listened to them so much that they aren't "my fav" anymore, but still an all time fav of mine. Metallica is another fav. I don't think I can put a favorite to a song tbh. Off the top of my head though, Stevie Ray Vaughns - It's floodin' down in Texas is fantastic.

serpaekeeper45 02-02-2010 11:08 PM

ATMOSPHERE! theyre awesome because they are from Minneapolis (very close to me) and they are anti gang and violence (which is a problem in Minnepolis). Also, the lyrics to the songs are amazing and very understandable.

HopeInHeart 02-03-2010 01:12 PM

My favorite band would have to Hawk Nelson, and perhaps my favorite songs of theirs are "Every Little Thing" and "Everything You Ever Wanted"

aunt kymmie 02-03-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mean Harri (Post 318317)
This question is hard for me. Without a doubt my favorite band has always been Van Halen. I think I've listened to them so much that they aren't "my fav" anymore, but still an all time fav of mine. Metallica is another fav. I don't think I can put a favorite to a song tbh. Off the top of my head though, Stevie Ray Vaughns - It's floodin' down in Texas is fantastic.

It seems we have very similar tastes in music. I never get tired of listening to Stevie Ray Vaughn. I own the entire collection, same as for Van Halen. So, the million dollar question: Diamond Dave or Sammy??

nochoramet 02-03-2010 03:13 PM

omg my boyfriend would love you guys! He's obsessed with Stevie, he is aspiring to be like Stevie when he grows up. He plays SRV's music all the time.
My favorite band though is the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Hmm... my favorite song by them would have to be Around the World, but that's a hard decision to make.

Romad 02-03-2010 03:42 PM

Can't pick just one. I have favorites in lots of music types. Some of my tops are:

The Clash
The Beatles
Coldplay
David Bowie
The Pixies

Jill0 02-03-2010 05:11 PM

There are so many bands I like but if I had to name just one favorite, I'd have to say The Clash. I think Joe Strummer was one of the most under appreciated talents of our time (not that he doesn't have a following, but it should be SO much bigger imo) :)