Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   What is your fish tank dream for your home? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/what-your-fish-tank-dream-your-36502/)

HollyinWA 02-02-2010 06:41 PM

What is your fish tank dream for your home?
 
If money was not an issue, space or time, what would be the next type of tank and fish you would set up?

My dream is to have a really big fish tank in our parlor/office. Our parlor has a really pretty piece of furniture that I guess would be considered somewhat Victorian that we got a J.C. Penny's one year. It is very attractive, and I have always loved it. We have been wanting to bring our piano down to this room because it is a not good to have it in a bedroom, but I don't want to part with this piece of furniture and it won't work in the bedroom. Now that I am back into the fish world, I could be very tempted to replace it with nice long tank! This room is really dark because of the cherry wood and the cherry wood inset ceiling (I think they call it koffer of something like that). A nice green, bright tank would look so good in here, and we would be facing it when we are on the computer.

The problem is.....can't afford it now. I think my husband would be up for it if we had the money to spend, but he would probably want the plexi glass one if it was that big. I would like to have Angels and Discus....but not sure about the water for the Discus. There are people up here I guess that have Discus and do fine with them.

Either that or a Saltwater tank, but I have only had one saltwater tank before, and I am not real experienced with it.

I guess I will keep dreaming! ;-)

Mean Harri 02-02-2010 06:54 PM

I tend to stay moderate in my dreaming even if money was no object. I would probably have a room dedicated to fish keeping. included would be a back room for a tub/sink room where water changes,etc... were made easy as it would be in the same room as the tank room, only hidden like a bathroom in a bedroom.

I would likely have a massive salt water tank. By massive I mean, 500 gallons. The room would be temp. controlled with real good ventilation. It would be set up so the tank(s) would be at one side of the room and a large Oriental area rug with 2 lounge chairs sitting beside each other but slightly angled inward toward each other at the other side of the room. Between the chairs would be a fashionable coffee table with a cigar humidor filled with Cubans and a large glass ashtray. There would also be a stunning brass coat rack in the corner masterfully holding a burgandy smoking jacket.

HollyinWA 02-02-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mean Harri (Post 318175)
I tend to stay moderate in my dreaming even if money was no object. I would probably have a room dedicated to fish keeping. included would be a back room for a tub/sink room where water changes,etc... were made easy as it would be in the same room as the tank room, only hidden like a bathroom in a bedroom.

I would likely have a massive salt water tank. By massive I mean, 500 gallons. The room would be temp. controlled with real good ventilation. It would be set up so the tank(s) would be at one side of the room and a large Oriental area rug with 2 lounge chairs sitting beside each other but slightly angled inward toward each other just slightly were at the other side of the room. Between the chairs would be a fashionable coffee table with a cigar humidor filled with Cubans and a large glass ashtray. There would also be a stunning brass coat rack in the corner masterfully holding a burgandy smoking jacket.

Moderate! LOL That sounds way better than mine. ;-) I was thinking in terms of if I had a little extra money to spend right now. I have always wanted a room just for fish tanks! That is a great idea. But, that won't happen anytime soon in this house. I would have to take the guest room away! Hey, maybe when the kids are grown and on their own. :roll: I am not in a rush for that though. :cry: If money was really not an issue, I would add on to this house and have a big room made especially for fish!

Your dream sounds awesome! I loved how you described it....just like the authors do.

Angel079 02-02-2010 07:05 PM

*Only* two more tank
1) a 40-55g CUBE
2) A ~70g+ set up for Discus....Edit: And I'd like the Discus tank built in the wall please so I'd have the view from the office AND from the living rm :-)

That's it then I'd not want more :-) (Ok maybe few lil shrimp farms but really who'd be counting my 10g's by now lol)

HollyinWA 02-02-2010 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel079 (Post 318179)
*Only* two more tank
1) a 40-55g CUBE
2) A ~70g+ set up for Discus....Edit: And I'd like the Discus tank built in the wall please so I'd have the view from the office AND from the living rm :-)

That's it then I'd not want more :-) (Ok maybe few lil shrimp farms but really who'd be counting my 10g's by now lol)

Wow, that sounds great! Built in the wall! I would love that too!

stephanieleah 02-02-2010 07:45 PM

A tap that I could turn knobs to control temp, acidity, hardness, alkalinity.

And maybe an indoor pond, in the range of 300 gal.

And in my dreams, I have a green thumb.

Angel079 02-02-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanieleah (Post 318205)
And maybe an indoor pond, in the range of 300 gal..

:shock: What kinda hardcore super house construction do you live in??? 300g plus gravel plus DW pls fish...you know what the weight is on that....:shock:

stephanieleah 02-02-2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel079 (Post 318245)
:shock: What kinda hardcore super house construction do you live in??? 300g plus gravel plus DW pls fish...you know what the weight is on that....:shock:

wait :hmm: were we not talking about our "dreams" bc my first one is just as bogus.

Freddy 02-02-2010 09:05 PM

125 - 200 gal. Black Ghost Knife fish breeding tank, with as many black ghost knife fish as can comfortably fit in it!:-D And a 75 gal. South American biotope tank with Discus as a centerpiece.

I didn't even think of saltwater until now, but if money was no object, Mean Harri has a good idea, a 500 gal. saltwater tank would be awesome! 8)

PRichs87 02-02-2010 09:43 PM

Built in 125 gallon reef tank that would be between two walls, so that you could see it in two rooms. Saltwater tanks are so colorful, I get lost in them.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2