Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Planted Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/)
-   -   Plants being shipped in cold climate (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/plants-being-shipped-cold-climate-36396/)

HollyinWA 02-01-2010 12:51 PM

Plants being shipped in cold climate

I am getting ready to order plants and the store ships via USPS Priorty Mail and will be coming from Ohio to WA. I am wondering if they will arrive ok being in colder weather for a few days. It will take I believe at least 3 days to get here.

I certainly do not want to pay for the 2nd day shipping or overnight that some of these places only offer. Some places will only offer 2nd day or better shipping at a horrible price.

Angel079 02-01-2010 03:04 PM

If its THE store from OH I am thinking of....They'll arrive Fri with ya and they're packed sep. in wet newspaper and with heat packs this time a year and that's all fine...when I got my last shipment it was in the low teens here and I actually did not see the mail man run by so I thought we hadn't gotten mail yet until I actuallt seen my box in the mailbox some 3hrs later and all was fine too (thou that really is NOT ideal...if you can bring them inside right away - better that is :-)

HollyinWA 02-02-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel079 (Post 317192)
If its THE store from OH I am thinking of....They'll arrive Fri with ya and they're packed sep. in wet newspaper and with heat packs this time a year and that's all fine...when I got my last shipment it was in the low teens here and I actually did not see the mail man run by so I thought we hadn't gotten mail yet until I actuallt seen my box in the mailbox some 3hrs later and all was fine too (thou that really is NOT ideal...if you can bring them inside right away - better that is :-)

Thanks, Natalie. I just got done placing the order. I could not get it done yesterday early enough and then had other things to do. Man, I have sure been spending the money on my once again fish addiction. I am going to have to tighten my belt again. Now it is either candle business stuff to buy that I don't "need" or fish stuff! Then you add the horse stuff, which is not that much stuff that I don't need. They are have to's.....feed, trimming and shoeing, vet costs when needed, worming, and bedding for in the barn at night. Although, I want to get a harness for Clyde. I want to start ground driving him. He already knows how (was a driving horse before I got him), but i need to learn. Not sure if I will ever get a cart/wagon but I would like to at least ground drive him and maybe pull some logs, etc. Nothing better than a draft horse! I like big horses and big trucks! I am 6 foot, so I like them TALL! ;-)

Angel079 02-02-2010 02:27 PM

LOL if you need to have a area to do log pulling training bring him out to my property I got plenty logs that need moving from old big oak's and stuff lol

You're 6ft....damn would I look like a midget to you lol

HollyinWA 02-02-2010 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel079 (Post 317928)
LOL if you need to have a area to do log pulling training bring him out to my property I got plenty logs that need moving from old big oak's and stuff lol

You're 6ft....damn would I look like a midget to you lol

If we lived closer, I would take you up on that! ;-) I love oak trees. I grew up in a grove of Live Oaks!

Yep, we are the tall family. My 13 year old daugher is already 5'10" and wears a size 11 shoe. I wear an 11 now but not at that age. She may pass me up in height. My 11 year old daughter is not running as tall. She looks the most like me, but I don't think she is going to be as tall unless she goes through a big growth spurt. I was 5'7" in sixth grade at 11 years old or so. I like being tall, but it must be nice to be "petite" as well.

BTW, do you think they would have mailed my plants today? I ordered in the early morning our time. I noticed that they ship on Monday and Tuesday. If they were not able to get it out today, it won't be until next Monday that they will mail it. :-(

HollyinWA 02-05-2010 11:52 AM

My live plants could possibly arrive today but most likely tomorrow. I cannot wait!