Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Sweet Aquatics

14K views 52 replies 12 participants last post by  redchigh 
#1 ·
Hands down best aquatic plants website. She has earned my loyalty. She helped me, along with you guys, determine plants to put into my 75 gallon amazon build. This is my second time buying from her and I just placed my order today. The total came to about 74 dollars. She only asked for 65 and I get free shipping. Tell me that isn't a way to earn my loyalty? All you guys should order from her!!!

#3 ·
I keep telling you guys that for how long now? lol

I love Mary, she's awesome

#4 ·
Yep! The first order I had a month ago came in very healthy and a month later all the plants are doing very well. She should ship either tomorrow or tuesday! Come on weather, be good!

#5 ·
I ALWAYS get mine Fri AM..never fails, no matter when I order always Fri AM (and its kinda NICE to be able to count on someone like that lol)
Don't worry bout the weather she'll pop a heat pack in there this time a year :) My last one was ordered and NOT noticed by me in the mailbox for some 3hrs when we were in the teens and even there all went well (THANK GOD!)

#6 ·
She actually postponed my last order a whole week It was so bad in my area that she didn't wanna risk it. She shipped today and it should be in harrisburg tomorrow. I should get it by wednesday!

#7 ·
Was that when the ice storm hit us?
She;s so lovely ain't she?! I LOVE spending my money at places that actually stil truly CARE about he customer rather then sending you off to a call center computerized machine in china....

#8 ·
Mhm =) I'm all for the small businesses and thank you Angel for introducing me to her! It's so much better talking with an intelligent human being as opposed to well...you know ;)

#11 ·
Got my plants! Looking good ;)

#13 ·
My 75 gallon! Check it in the pictures and video subforum!

#14 ·
If you don't mind posting Kelso, I see Sag Sub dwarf I believe in the front right corner. Or is that some sort of Sword? How many plants per pot? I'd like to know how the potted ones come if possible. I hate surprises when it's something crucial as I have never planted a tank yet.

#15 ·
Narrowleaf Chain Sword. It's absolutely BEAUTIFUL. There's about three plants in each pot. They're pretty well filled out so I never took em apart. I can get some pics tomorrow up close.

#16 ·
Looovveeeeee the Narrowleaf Chain Sword....but I hope you only got one...cause mine's been in the tank like what 8 weeks now and it has spread out new runners left & right & center like crazy, I even started taken some out of the 55g already too....this plant is def quicker growing then even Pennywort.

#17 ·
Uhh...uh oh. I got like 8 pots of em! I'll manage some how though! I really wanna get the sides filled out, So I'll be welcoming it for a while.

#18 ·
:shock: Holy ***** Yea you're gonna get that tank filled OUT alright......Just "redirect" it for the beginning to grow along the sides you want it; then let it go wild after 4 weeks.....Well and then if your's is gonna grow like mine...I"d say I'm gonna give you 3-4 months before seeing the add in the classifieds :-D

#20 ·
I'm excited with you; keep on following your progress here from the outside with each new thread and seeing it come together now with the first few pic's is GREAT (thanks for sharing pic's btw); I really can't wait to keep seeing updated pic's of the tank over time; its gonna be sooo pretty :)

Have you ever thought uploading few pic's of each tank to your log here? I pers find it kinda neat cause I can add new pic's every few weeks and its like a picture diary....

#21 ·
You know what, you're right. I should upload them. Gotta steal my mom's camera though. My phone's got a 2 mp, my camera's a 5 mp, but my mom, she's got a 10 mp. It's still a work in progress. Puffers are probably gonna go in soon, maybe Friday, and the cories probably on sunday. Hopefully I can pick up another puff this weekend too! You guys have all been a great help. I know I keep posting threads with maybe seemingly obvious answers, but I'm just not sure. I'm still learning...I've been maybe doing this for 6 months?

#22 ·
i'm right there with you, Kelso. I feel like I post question after question too. I want to gain all the knowledge I can though. However, everyone on this forum is always so open and welocming and always willing to help. You're doing a wonderul job and I can't wait to see the progress of your tank in the coming weeks. Congrats to you on a job well done!

#23 ·
I got my plants today. They are planted and they are awesome. Everything I ordered was there. Beautiful plants. Great size to them and packaged wonderfully. They arrived Friday in Colorado from Ohio and were sent on Wed. Can't beat that.

Thanks Mary and Dan.

#24 ·
awesome kelso! are there pictures of this new 75 in your Aquarium Log?
i am sooo checking them out! ive been interested in this tank set up since first you said you were thinking bout it!
CONGRATS! how are the plants you both got (mean harri and kelso) did they looks lush and healty when they arrived or any dead plant material??

#25 ·
The plants are great looking rosehower. They're big and lush. I took the Red Rubin out of the wet newspaper and was like wow. Being my first time ever with real plants I didn't know what to expect as far as packaging, how easy or difficult to remove the plastic pot from the potted plants, etc...
It was a breeze. I layed everything out on the table. They plants were all marked as to what each one was. I left them wrapped in their wet newspaper and laid each plastic baggie with the plant name written on it with each one. I just removed that paper from each one that I wanted and went to town.

You will not go wrong buying plants from Sweet Aquatics. I've read the forums here and abroad. I've seen their responses to people. They are a small business that cares about customer service. That's not a common thing now a days. Sad, but true. I'll throw my money at good, well run small businesses all day long over a big corporation any day. Real people working hard to provide a great product and great customer service is what America is all about. And Sweet Aquatics fits that bill to a "T".

#26 ·
The plants are great looking rosehower. They're big and lush. I took the Red Rubin out of the wet newspaper and was like wow. Being my first time ever with real plants I didn't know what to expect as far as packaging, how easy or difficult to remove the plastic pot from the potted plants, etc...
It was a breeze. I layed everything out on the table. They plants were all marked as to what each one was. I left them wrapped in their wet newspaper and laid each plastic baggie with the plant name written on it with each one. I just removed that paper from each one that I wanted and went to town.

You will not go wrong buying plants from Sweet Aquatics. I've read the forums here and abroad. I've seen their responses to people. They are a small business that cares about customer service. That's not a common thing now a days. Sad, but true. I'll throw my money at good, well run small businesses all day long over a big corporation any day. Real people working hard to provide a great product and great customer service is what America is all about. And Sweet Aquatics fits that bill to a "T".
first i just wana say DAMN STRAIT!
and now... for something completely different( lol..)
i need to email them again then about the mysterious "Club Moss" plant i have. i asked the LFS to order it again and find the real name. we'll see. i have asked a bunch of ppl on here boutit too. but i need to send a newer email to SA because they have 3 plants similar to it and mabey they can tell which it it.
also i think i might end up ordering a "29 gal" pack from them. i will need to call them and talk about things. (i hope they have about an hour 1 day to waste on me) i tend to talk a lot (if you hadnt noticed already lol)
i'm so glad your tank is coming together, it looks so great! and btw what is the red rubins stats, warm water but what temp, hard or soft water, whats it like, its a grassier looking plant it would help break up the view of all the swords i have in there now (amazon and argentine)

#27 ·
I agree. They are great! They are also very fair and honest. If the shipping cost goes over what it ends up being at the time of delivery, they will reimburse your account. Great customer service and so fast too! I can really appreciate this because I know what it takes to get things out in the mail for customers and to take the extra step to reimburse anything that may go over regarding shipping.

Thanks so much, Sweet Aquatics!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.