Tropical Fish Keeping banner

When to dose ferts?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Rainbowfish87 
#1 ·
I have a 10 gallon tank, two 10w 6500k fluorescent bulbs, plants are java fern and crypt wendtii, substrate is a sand/gravel mix. I am only using Seachem's Flourish and do run carbon in the filter at the moment (they are cartridges, not much choice but I will be switching to just poly-fill and ceramic rings soon) I was wondering how often I should dose the Flourish, though. When the plants were in my 2.5 gallon, I dosed it like once a month, if that. The java ferns are looking pretty sad but propagating like crazy and the crypts look fine. They didn't melt any of the four times I planted them in the 2.5 (including bringing them home from Petsmart initially) so I am not expecting them to melt with this transition.

Thanks!
Flint

#4 ·
I got impatient and now that my plants are standing back up from the re-plant I dosed again. It's been 3 days today since I dosed last. Also counted all of the plantlets growing on my dying java fern and got an approximate 43!! :shock: If my mother plants die, I think I'll be doing okay. I only have about 15 mother plant leaves, haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.