Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Aquarium Clubs and Events (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/aquarium-clubs-events/)
-   -   Hey, Masschussetts (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/aquarium-clubs-events/hey-masschussetts-36226/)

bearwithfish 01-29-2010 12:53 PM

Hey, Masschussetts

well i like the idea every one else has about starting or finding a club in the area... i am in north-western MA and would love to get together with some other fresh water junkies and share ideas and trade if possible.. pm me.....

pretzelsz 02-18-2010 01:25 PM

ya is there any big clubs here in MA? I would like to see a place to get some nice equipment for a low price for my soon to be saltwater tank(id the guy ever responds again :cry: )

bearwithfish 02-18-2010 01:34 PM

i only know of a few clubs and i cant think of the names off hand one is pioneer valley or some such thing i will let you know later on when i get to my PC i have their site on it.. and one in boston.. i tryin to get something going out here (west end of te state) but not real big call for it though we need it there are way to many people with tanks here getting advice from the big box places

Castro235 05-11-2010 12:28 PM

There is the Worcester Aquarium Society, although it seems they only meet once a month, on a tuesday night, and it seems like it's more of an auction than a club, but I have yet to go, and I believe there was a Pioneer garden and pond thing or something that was involved in koi, but I don't recall how much of an aquatic society it would really be.

I'm right outside of Springfield, MA, and I posted a thread about western, ma a day or so ago, as it seems like there isn't much for clubs in the area, but perhaps we could find some people to get together and start a small society for it.

bearwithfish 05-11-2010 09:14 PM

hmm sound like a potential idea lets see how much interest generates here and i will ask around a few other places i go to see what kind of interest there is

Caliban 10-25-2010 02:08 AM

I'm from central Mass, actually really close to Worcester. I probably couldn't make regular meetings, but I like the idea of networking within the state. Moral support is always nice :).

Castro235 10-25-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caliban (Post 499366)
I'm from central Mass, actually really close to Worcester. I probably couldn't make regular meetings, but I like the idea of networking within the state. Moral support is always nice :).

Wish I were a bit closer to worcester myself, I would love to go to check it out, but a 2 hour drive to go to something on such a random night that I have no idea if it'll even prove worth it just turns me away lol.

It'd be nice to know someone in the area other than the stores that actually cares for fishkeeping.

Oh well, maybe I'll move somewhere better in a few years lol.