Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Fish Breeding (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/fish-breeding/)
- - When to let guppy babies out of the breeder net (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/fish-breeding/when-let-guppy-babies-out-breeder-36206/)
When to let guppy babies out of the breeder net
I think its been a week or two since they were born and they are close to half an inch now (at least thats what i got by holding my thumb up to the glass and using that to measure). So any rule of size or age as to when to let them out?
As a side note, the snails on the outside of the net have like tripled in size from eating the fry food or poop or whatever it is they eat.
Well you gotta wait until they are fast enough to get away from the other fish,wich are what? Also do you have lots of plants because if you do you dont even need the net because the fry will just hide in the plants
Hm i dont think they would get much cover in a few grass plants and this skinny other one, but the other fish are 3 adult guppies and 2 orange platys ( i think they are platys anyway)
oh your good to go the general rules are
1) if you have enough cover for them after a week so that you can control feeding and not over feed the others
2) once they are larger than a mouth full for the other fish turn 'em lose
3) if bigger than a bite and cover is ample relax and enjoy watching them grow....
just keep in mind that their metabolism is much faster than teh adults so 2-3 feedings a day will help them grow faster and stronger than once a day
i let them out when myn were larger than the biggest fishs mouth ...so they were too large to be eaten :):):)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.