Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Alright Apple... (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/alright-apple-36204/)

Kelso 01-28-2010 10:40 PM

Alright Apple...

But really...iPad...this is just stupid. I don't see any point in it what-so-ever. Discuss.

Angel079 01-28-2010 10:42 PM

Just wait till the release the new IBrain....that'll REALLY help the nation :-)

Kelso 01-28-2010 10:44 PM

I can understand the iPod, the iPhone, and the MacBooks...but what does this do that any of the others don't? Like they opened up a niche that really didn't need to be opened. There's nothing practical about it.

Angel079 01-28-2010 10:47 PM

See Kelso you just hand't listen to the promo tapes yet! :-) Just cause you were ABLE to SOMEHOW manage living your live without one so far does NOT mean any longer now that you'll have to suffer...this is what the world needs and soon you'll need one too :-)

Don't get me wrong I pers actually love working on the Macbook and only use windows for the customer end stuff :-)

dramaqueen 01-28-2010 11:01 PM

When microwaves first came out, my mom said she didn't need one. Now she can't live without one! lol

Mean Harri 01-28-2010 11:22 PM

I hate all this crap. To quote a local talk radio guy here in Denver, cell phones and more specifically, "text messaging is making social retards." Kids now a days text and text and do not socialize normally like us older folk did. As a result their socializing skills are weak at best and they are becoming a bunch of social misfits.

I can't stand cell phones. I have one that my work provides and I have my own. I only have my own because I don't really talk on the phone other than to keep in touch with family back in PA and the occasional need to call whomever. And I didn't want a land line so I just used my cell. I hate it and will likely get rid of it one of these days.

Apple sells a narrative not necessarily a device. They want their products to make users feel a certain way when they use them. Sometimes you just need a device. The I phone has revolutionized portable apps. But most people don't need this crap. It's just ridiculous and out of control. I see kids running around with fancy gizmo phones and adults that don't need anything more than a phone call making device running around with I phones, Blackberries, and the like. It's all crap. CRAP I say! Watch a cell phone provider commercial. They make it sound as though it's a child's right to have one. Since when? And kids act like it's their right to have one. American society and how it has been brain washed into thinking it needs all this crap sickens me. Big corporations have brain washed people into thinking they "have to have" this crap.

Kelso 01-28-2010 11:28 PM

Harri. I agree. I like texting though and it's useful when you simply can't talk or are doing something where talking on teh phone isn't feasible, but I'd always rather talk on the phone. I don't need apps, I don't need a gps, I don't anything. I don't even have an mp3 player anymore...If I wanna hear music, I wanna hear it out loud...not in those little stupid things you put in your ear. You know how hard it is to find NORMAL headphones these days? Plus...I know so many songs that I really don't need to hear them...I sing 'em myself...but agreed. I definitely need my comp and car, and I enjoy having my motorcycle, and I need my phone. But I don't need anymore than that. I don't watch TV hardly ever, and if I do, it's to watch a movie...there's so much I can say...

stephanieleah 01-29-2010 12:10 AM

I'm on my Macbook Pro right now, and my iPhone is plugged into it. Honestly, I love Apple and I'd way rather listen to Apple commercials that lots of other ones. That said, I wondered the same thing when I saw the iPad, like, really? Why do we need that again?

But I bet I get one for my birfday : )

I better start planting seeds that I'd rather get a 55 gallon tank-a-rooni

mrdemin 01-29-2010 12:46 AM

I won't be getting one, though I'm not against it. I just see no purpose of having one. If I wanted to lug around a 9-10" screen it would be a netbook, which in my opinion is far more capable then this ipad will ever be.

iamntbatman 01-29-2010 02:20 AM

A dumb looking touchscreen computer with no Flash support or multitasking? Apple, you've just one-upped yourselves in the "useless crap that hipsters will buy anyway" department.

Seriously, people. Buy yourselves and netbook, put Windows XP or EEEbuntu on it, and you'll have yourself an actually functional machine at a fraction of the price.