Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Cichlids (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cichlids/)
-   -   angelfish questions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cichlids/angelfish-questions-35983/)

senorh 01-25-2010 01:29 PM

angelfish questions

Hi everyone, I need your advice, I have a 26 gallon bow aquarium 24L x 15W x 21H and would like to get a single angelfish. I will start with a very small one and allow it to grow. Is the aquarium large enough to comfortable accomodate 1 angelfish? I read on another site that these fish were compatable with angelfish
Search Results: The Angelfish should be kept in groups of 4 and is compatible with the Altum Angelfish, Bala Shark, Black Skirt Tetra, Blind Cave Tetra, Blood Parrot Cichlid, Chinese High Fin, Chocolate Zebra Pleco L270, Congo Tetra, Corydoras Catfish, Diamond Tetra, Dwarf Gourami, Flash Pleco L204, Gardneri Killifish, Giant Gourami, Glass Fish, Honey Gourami, King Tiger Pleco L066, Kissing Gourami, Lemon Spotted Green Pleco L200, Leopard Pleco L114, Molly, Pearl Gourami, Peppermint Pleco L030, Queen Arabesque Pleco L260, Serpae Tetra, Silver Dollar, Silver Hatchetfish, Silver Tip Tetra, Starlight Bristlenose Pleco L183, Sunshine Pleco L014, Three Spot Gourami, Zebra Pleco L046,
I want to get a few corys and was thinking some serpae tetras. I know serpae can be nasty so I am not sure if they will work and some places say tertas and angelfish are not a good match. I don't want to get silver dollars or anything that will outgrow the tank

thanks

senorh

rrcoolj 01-25-2010 03:05 PM

Anglefish do well in groups but will fare perfectly fine on thier own. 26 gallons is good for one. I would do a angelfish, about 6 corys and some peacful species of tetra. I would not suggest serpaes. They can be nippy even in groups. i would go with black skirt tetras but there are tons of tetras to choose from.

senorh 01-27-2010 09:05 AM

Could I put 2 in if they aren't paired, also I was thinking about 4 cories, should i introduce them first or after the angel (s)

thanks

rrcoolj 01-27-2010 03:05 PM

Intorduce corys first. An un maited pair of angles in that size tank is asking for trouble. One will be picked on and in that size tank there is no where to run. I would just get one.

senorh 01-27-2010 03:52 PM

Ok thank you so much

mrdemin 01-27-2010 06:03 PM

I wouldn't add angels until your tank is cycled and stable by the way.

senorh 01-27-2010 06:41 PM

the tank has been set up for 3 weeks with wood and an bio rings from another aquarium. i have 3 giant Danios and 4 von rios to help build up the bacteria. The water has been stable for the past few days but will probably wait 3 weeks or so just to be sure but thanks

rrcoolj 01-28-2010 08:47 PM

Sounds good. Godd luck with your angels. Thier a great species to keep.