Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Newbie with a passtion for fish! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/newbie-passtion-fish-35981/)

OoohBarracuda 01-25-2010 01:59 PM

Newbie with a passtion for fish!

hi!

My name is Niki, I am 30 years old from a smallish town in Eastern Washington. I spend my weekends relaxing, playing video games, maintaining my tanks and going to little petshops in the surrounding area, learning new things about fish and searching for types of fish that really peak my interest. This weekend I found a Farlowella. After speaking with the local fish expert I purchased him/her and brought it home to live with my gouramis and loaches.

I have been keeping aquariums since I was a child, before the internet and all its vast information was here to help an aquarist out. Tropicals were hard to keep for me then and not being able to take the heartache of death I soon moved on to fancy goldfish, which were leaps and bounds easier for me, plus I had a goldfish expert for a stepfather. I hadn't had a tank for a few years while I was in college but I have now been back in full fishkeeping swing for the past 2 years.

I came here to be able to speak with people with more experience than myself and to share my own experiences. No matter how long you keep fish, there is always something new to learn!

Thanks for having me!

dramaqueen 01-25-2010 02:34 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum.

cmc29 01-25-2010 02:53 PM

Welcome to the forum, i've only been a member for a minute, but already received all kinds of information. I'm sure you'll love it too.

willow 01-25-2010 03:35 PM

hello and warm welcome to you.
hope you find everything you need.
there is always stuff to learn about fish,that's what makes it a great hobby.

aunt kymmie 01-25-2010 04:30 PM

Hi Niki, welcome to the forum! Do you have any pics you can share of your fish or tanks? We love pics. :)

iamntbatman 01-25-2010 06:00 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum!

OoohBarracuda 01-25-2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aunt kymmie (Post 312678)
Hi Niki, welcome to the forum! Do you have any pics you can share of your fish or tanks? We love pics. :)

I will get some pics up asap! Anyone have some secrets to a good fish photo? Mine always end up washed out.

Angel079 01-25-2010 08:32 PM

Hello & Welcome to the forum!

What works best with digi cams....turn room lights ON, flash on camera off; fiddle with your settings anything for either fast moving or micro settings will work...then you shoot about 10 pics of which in the end 2 will turn out nice :-)

Would LOVE to see pictures; most of us upload our tank picture to the Aquarium log. You can see it (for those that have uploaded them) if you go to the left here eg. under my name Angel you'll see a tap called Aquarium and then a list of our own tank(s) with various pictures and descriptions :-)

iamntbatman 01-25-2010 11:59 PM

I do better with the room lights off and the tank lights on and no flash. Then again I'm a horrible photographer so don't take my advice :razz:

cmc29 01-30-2010 09:03 PM

i just let my wife take the pictures...lol..she's much more adept at it