Tropical Fish Keeping banner

The beginning of my 75!

8K views 55 replies 15 participants last post by  rosehower 
#1 ·

Gotta start somewhere right?

See less See more
#34 ·
The plant arrangement is amazing. Nice work. I can't wait to see it as it "grows up".

What are the little bushy grassy plants (toward the mid-ground) with the stem poking up with little flowery dealy on the top? Roseshower was asking for suggestions for something bushy for her dp tank and i think it'd be a nice addition.

#35 ·
Got two more amazon puffers over the weekend! Driftwood is coming here soon! Got three BIG pieces off of ebay. Those plants are Narrowleaf Chainswords Steph. They're growing fast and I got runners sprouting up here and there.

#36 ·
Those plants are Narrowleaf Chainswords Steph. They're growing fast and I got runners sprouting up here and there.
Fast would be a understatement for this plant to say the least....Good thing you have a 75g and not a mini 55 like me ;-)

#37 ·
What you do with your Kleiner Sword there in the 2nd to last picture...doesn't look to fresh...That'll prop drop the outer yellow leaf's soon and have new nice & green one's growing from its center.

#38 ·
Yeah, I noticed that too...I pinched off that leaf and no more dead leaves have appeared. It might have been the major change from here water to mine...mine being really soft/acidic. I have the ferts under it now, so we'll see here soon if it gets any worse.

#39 ·
I doubt its gonna get worst. Some plants just simply handle shipping better then others. Plant them, let them establish root and get settled in and you'll soon see plenty new leaf's coming up :)

#41 ·
awesome Kelso!!! great job! the white sand is too muc for me, but it looks beautiful for the puffers!
thanks stephanieleah! he said Narrowleaf Chainswords which i guess are quite prolific when they're happy? i am thinking baby tears mabey or dwarf baby tears? the regular stays pertty short right?

#43 ·
It's doing great! I made quite a few changes though! I do not own any more puffers at all. I found a friend who had a fish tank much much bigger than mine, I think it was 150, and he took them, as well as my dwarf puffers. The live food and the nippiness increase was a problem for me and I wasn't happy that all my cories and my new bn pleco were getting their fins shredded. I changed it to a cichlid set up from the south/central american area. Granted the eel isn't from there, but my dad really wanted him, haha. I currently have the cichlids in my signature, and that's the final stocking. I must have gottena bad bunch of skunk cories because they all kinda died one by one except for this last guy who's still alive. I'll see if I can't trade him in for another panda, as one of mine mysteriously died.

#44 ·
Oh wow that's one heck of a update right there. Would have never thought you'd part with your puffers....
That's real odd with your cory cats did you have any NO peaks with the change over when they were added? And where the heck is a picture of the new set up????

#46 ·
well i guess to each his own. sorry thye were messing up your little BN. Although I must say the DP's are just not as "personality" or even fun as I had hoped and heard.
mine were for a while very interesting, but then 1 day i reagrranged the plants and added co2, not the neons and the puffers are bottm tank dwellers who hide 99.9% of the time. occasionally I can see a few of them. They had been much more social un til that 1 day.
Who knows.
I do know cichlids are fun, we have a 90g right now all sorts of cichl,ids in there, all juveniles yet, but in due time I'm sure the community will be quite nice. (i have yet to post that anywhere yet)

Yeah you gotta post pics!!
especially try to snag your BN.
i cant find any here where i am at all. Though i did snag an L46 (captive bred, no worries any1) zebra pleco. Zeb is just the cutest little guy. (at 400 bucks he better be!! YIKES)

#47 ·
I'll try to get some pics for ya guys. Between all the current (positive) events lately, I've just been so busy! =D

#53 ·
Actually they really don't. The pennywort does get uprooted, but it really doesn't matter to me, since it does look good floating as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.