Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater Journals (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/)
-   -   PSSSST... the 29 is ready!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/psssst-29-ready-35950/)

bearwithfish 01-24-2010 08:58 PM

PSSSST... the 29 is ready!!!!!!!!!!

5 Attachment(s)
ok so i have the 29 up and running i seeded it off another tank, while i was hanging out tihnking of all the wonderful fish i wanted for this tank i realized .. man after the movea lot of my fish went to my wifes tanks.. well all of them really LOL so i re-aquired my pleco, a snail and some of my juvanile guppies.. i wnt with a black back ground and WOW do those fish look great in black!!!! i am so happy with it.. just a few minore additions coming soon but i had to show you all what i hve so far.. (addidtions will be caves and the like)
Attachment 8040

Attachment 8041

Attachment 8042

Attachment 8043

Attachment 8044

more in other places LOL

Angel079 01-24-2010 09:52 PM

Loveeee the black background! But man you need plants :-)

mrdemin 01-24-2010 11:26 PM

It looks empty ! LOL. Add some more stuff in there ;) I like it, but the fish are probably bored...
Check your params as well just in case, wanna make sure the seeding was enough.

stephanieleah 01-24-2010 11:47 PM

awesome! those little fish make that tank look humongous! (i have a 29 too and boy does it look smaller than that!). I LOVE the pleco. LOVE IT! And +1 on Angel's advice, I'll always advocate a planted tank for the fish. Even if you just stick a few amazon swords in there with some fertilizer tabs. Believe me, my fish love my plants. and if you ask me how I know I'll tell you, but just trust me.

Jill0 01-25-2010 08:42 AM

Good job!!!

willow 01-25-2010 04:35 PM

look forward to watching the tank grow.
:-D

bearwithfish 01-28-2010 07:47 AM

sorry i haven't been on much i tore my knee up and have been trying to get that straightened out.... thank you all for your comments..... it is a growing work in progress i just couldnt wait to share.. as for plants if i find a good deal on plastic or silk i will think about them no live for me and my brown thumb (i can barely keep a fake plant alive LOL).... last night i got this really cool terracotta piece that has multiple openings in it.. i will post pix soon the guppies are going nuts over it and the pleco cant stay off the roof LOL

Angel079 01-28-2010 09:02 AM

Awww now why would you do that? Hope its healing up QUICK!

Oh no fake...bearwith fish...no...that nice set up and then fakes? How about a extra post in the planted section and we'll go over all your set up details and get you planted??

bearwithfish 01-28-2010 09:05 AM

no really i have tried with "easy plants and it turned into a nightmare.. i will do fake or none from here out trust me.. when it comes to human behavior i am on pont when it comes to plants well if they were people i would be losing clients left and right....

Angel079 01-28-2010 09:24 AM

Oh noooo :-( Sorry to hear you had some bad exp with plants there; such a shame when its so easy in fact to keep them :-(