Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater Journals (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/)
-   -   Uploaded some Pics on my aquarium tab...please check it out!! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/uploaded-some-pics-my-aquarium-tab-35902/)

cmc29 01-24-2010 01:42 PM

Uploaded some Pics on my aquarium tab...please check it out!!

Please leave comments, I'm always happy to hear what everyone thinks. I've recently rearranged some plants and hope to optimize my growing potential. This is a 29 gallon planted aquarium. My lighting is a Catalina Solar T5 HO 2x25 watt with 67k and 10k bulbs. I use added C02 from a DIY system, and add fertilizer once a week (flourish comprehensive plant supplement). My filtration is an aquaclear 20-50 gallon 3 stage hang-on filter. Thanks everyone.:-D

Temp: 82
ph: 6.8-7.0
nitrates:5-15ppm

My population:
10 Rasbora espei
6 Cardinal Tetras
6 Hatchet fist(which i will be returning to LFS soon)...to make a little more room...for a few more cards
3 Kuhli loaches (they love the sand and have tunnelled under the driftwood and white rock)
3 striped ottos
1 siamese algae eater(small he likes to school with the cardinals sometimes)
1 Red tailed shark( hes the lord of the manor, but not a bully he spends some time behind his driftwood and close to his java fern, when he's out in the open he is not aggresive to the other fish, he barely acknowledges them, sometimes will chase one off, but never harms them)

and various snails that hitched in with my plants

aunt kymmie 01-24-2010 01:49 PM

Love the tank, it looks great. I really love the tiger lotus, one of my favorite plants.
The only thing I'd add would be a background to the tank.

cmc29 01-24-2010 03:27 PM

Thanks Kymmie, what sorts of backgrounds would you recommend?

Angel079 01-24-2010 03:42 PM

I love it! Just watch that Rotala in the back there...I started out with a FEW stems too now look at my 45g aka Jungle background there lol. If you pinch them off half way and stick the pinched off parts back in the ground to grow the stem you had pinched it off from will form 2 new branches (kinda like a Y) makes it look pretty neat....now I stop babbling on :-)

stephanieleah 01-24-2010 04:18 PM

Nice loach and nice tank : )

cmc29 01-24-2010 04:23 PM

Thank you!!I recently spread the Rotala out, it was planted in a clump. When i spread it out i noticed that the root structure was attached to two stalks, like you say making a Y. It has grown very tall, very quickly

Angel079 01-24-2010 05:34 PM

TELL ME If i look at my 45g pictures from when I first set it up (mid nov last year) to today :shock: I'll soon need to start taking the clippings out mailing them off to whoever wants them otherwise at this growth rate the tank is stuffed shut to where I can't see my fish any more in less then half a year :lol: but i DO LOVE the Rotala plant really looks nice, specially in the Tetra set up.

willow 01-25-2010 05:43 PM

i think you've done a great job,it's beautiful.

aunt kymmie 01-25-2010 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmc29 (Post 312013)
Thanks Kymmie, what sorts of backgrounds would you recommend?

I'm a fan of basic black. I think black is a great backdrop to the greenery of plants and makes the fish colors *pop*. A background will also hide the wall and cords behind your tank to give it a more polished look.
Since I'm limited in my tastes (all my tanks are black, black and more black) others will be able to give you their ideas on different backgrounds you can use. :)

Angel079 01-25-2010 09:02 PM

I donno I'd have to back Kym up, I love the look of black window tint on tanks makes the fish and plants color stand out soooo much more.....not that I can still see a whole of any background any longer in my 45g...but I guess its the thought that counts - Right!? :-)