new guy ich question and alot of problems
hi im pretty new to this but im trying and i think by joining this site my tank and fish will be alot more healthy
1. What is the size of your tank?
2. What are your water parameters? State the brand of test kit used.
NA3 0.0 ph 6.6 on mardel 2 in 1 test thing
3. Is your aquarium set up freshwater or brackish water?
i want to make it brackish because i hear its better for my fish as they get older but m not too sure how
so freshwater for now with 2 tbsn of salt
4. How long the aquarium has been set up?
almost two weeks
5. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
2 green spotted puffers
4 male guppies (used to be 5 thanks to puffers)
1 rubber lip plecostomus
1 pictus cat
1 neon tetra
all small and ive learned my tank is probly overcrouded
6. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
umm i got all my fish at the same time but im going to need to learn this
7. What temperature is the tank water currently?
thermo near heater:84
thermo at bottom of tank:80-82
8. Are there live plants in the aquarium?
9. What filter are you using? State brand, maintenance routine and power capacity.
filter cleaned once a week and refilled
10. Any other equipment used (aside from heater and filter which are two very important components of the tank)?
airator off when at night and feeding time make too much movemet on surface and too much noise
11. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? What is your lighting schedule (assuming you do not rely on sunlight for our viewing pleasure)?
yes it is in a window and get natural light all day and light from over head bulbs till i go to sleep
12. When did you perform your last water change and how much water was changed? How often do you change your water? Do you vacuum the substrate?
basically re set up my tank two days ago bescause bottom was getting dirty but have now gotten a vaccume and im going to do 75% water changes from now on
13. What foods do you provide your fish? What is the feeding schedule?
i feed them tetra min and tetra fin tropial flakes twice a day and a cube of bloodworms every other day i have tried ghost shrimp and it does not seem very good the puffers always sem to over eat or over look them, i also have some tropical crisps and granules i tried but the fish dont seem to like them much
14. What unusual signs have you observed in your fish?
white spots on the fins of 2 of my guppies and on the body of my pictus
15. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? If so, what treatments did you use? State your reasons for planning ahead of proper diagnosis.
i used ap quick cure the last two days
sorry but im just really stressed about my fish im really trying to take care of them and i dont want my fish to die :(
i am really new to this so any and all info will help
if i missed something just ask ill try to answer tomorrow
Hi Ryan, welcome tot he Forum.
You're sure its ich? Little white spots?
With the fish you have for one start right now dialing up your Temp a few degrees every few hrs to 80-82.
Meanwhile go to any Pet store or Walmart and pick up ich meds (I pers used QuIck Cure from Walmart, worked for me). Read the label carefully and dose acc to it EVERY day, when all visible spots are gone, continue treatment for 4-5 days.
Ensure before you start that any carbon is removed from your filter (black crunchy stuff usually hiding within pads).
Once you're past the sickness: Your puffers are freshwater puffers and the other fish you house there do not need salt neither (actually for the Neon yo have salt would be pretty fatal).
The fish stock vs. tank size is very unfortunate there and you have chosen fish where some need soft water, others need harder water - You can only have one type water coming from your tap.
So maybe you'd be interested in optimizing this stock to make it less of a headache for you in the long run and offer your fish a proper home.
With this stock in a 10g you may also want to think about plants; they won't eliminate the issues I addressed above, but plants acting as a bio filter will at least make the water quality a lil better for them buggers :-)
i bought some live aqarium plant bulbs and gonna start growing them as soon as im done medicating because i want my tank to be low on chems when im trying to grow them
i was just stressed about my fish last nght but they look better today im on day three of treatment
You can put your plants in they won't be hurt by normal ich meds. I pers lovvveee planted tanks if you hadn't noticed yet from the aquarium log pictures lol; the more plants the better for the tank.
Do you see the white spots decreasing by now if you say you're on day 3 of meds? Whats your temp at?
im guessing its about 84 just cuz that what the more expensive thermo says
but its near the heater, and my second thermo is on the bottom of the tank and it says 80-82
yea the spots are starting to go away THANK GOD i was freaking out haha
and should i wait till the next water change or just throw the bulbs in?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2