Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   Moving on up (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/moving-up-35803/)

Mean Harri 01-22-2010 08:06 PM

Moving on up

Ok, so I've been procrastinating getting my tank going and I was reminded, un benounced(sp?) to Holly just how badly I was procrastinating. Her post sparked an imaginary foot kicking my rear end. So I just ordered my canister filster, master test kit, python water changer, and ceramic discs for said filter. I'm moving on up ye' ole ladder to fish'dom. Why have I been slacking. Heh, I read too much about this stuff. It's time to do and I'm doing.

Que all the picture nuts :lol: Yeah yeah, I'll take them.

HollyinWA 01-22-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mean Harri (Post 310967)
Ok, so I've been procrastinating getting my tank going and I was reminded, un benounced(sp?) to Holly just how badly I was procrastinating. Her post sparked an imaginary foot kicking my rear end. So I just ordered my canister filster, master test kit, python water changer, and ceramic discs for said filter. I'm moving on up ye' ole ladder to fish'dom. Why have I been slacking. Heh, I read too much about this stuff. It's time to do and I'm doing.

Que all the picture nuts :lol: Yeah yeah, I'll take them.

Glad I helped a bit in lighting the fire under your rear end. :lol:

Way to go on the ordering! Did you get all of it from Ken's? I have to order the Python. I noticed though that Petsmart storefront has a Marineland one (50 foot) that looks to be the same thing for under $50.00. Not sure if it is as good though but it looks the same....just not green. I found a place online that had the 50 foot Phthon one for a decent price but now can't remember where...may have been ebay. I will have to look again and check Ken's site. If the Marineland one is just as good I would rather get it at the store so I don't have to pay shipping. Foster's shipping is real cheap though but can't remember the pricing on their's. I had a Python when I last had fish but I am not sure if I still have it packed somewhere. I may have given it to the guy that bought my 100 gallon tank. I better look in the shop before I buy it. However, I think I had the 25 foot one but I need the 50 one in this house because of where the tank is located in relation to the sink and/or bathroom. They do have extensions though so I will see.

I cannot wait to see how things go for you and to see your pics. I will admit.....I am the worst at getting pictures taken to post. I am a BIG procrastinator with this. I think one reason is because I want everything to look too perfect so I dread doing it.

Keep us posted!

Mean Harri 01-22-2010 08:58 PM

I ordered it all from Ken's fish. I got the 25 foot Python but that was still a little short of making it to the sink so I ordered the 10 foot extension for it. Now it should be perfect with a few feet to spare. I have a heater, substrate, plants, and fish to get and I'll be done. Oh and a light or if I use the shop light i bought I'll need to make a canopy for it.

Angel079 01-22-2010 09:42 PM

Dang I wish I had known you wanted a Python I have a unused one laying in the closet with I donno how much hose to it (quite a bundle)...

So....that all ordered; do you have gravel at home yet??? When are you gonna get that?
When will you finally buy/ order plants????

Mean Harri 01-22-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel079 (Post 311033)
Dang I wish I had known you wanted a Python I have a unused one laying in the closet with I donno how much hose to it (quite a bundle)...

So....that all ordered; do you have gravel at home yet??? When are you gonna get that?
When will you finally buy/ order plants????

Am I being scolded here? Scolded by Aunt Angel? teehee

That figures that you have one that you don't need. Oh well. I will probably order the substrate and heater tomorrow. I have something to do to the tank stand first. If I'm lucky, which I'm not, maybe next weekend it'll be up and running. I'll likely order my plants where you order from. I like family owned American businesses. They get good reviews and that's good for me.