Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater and Tropical Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/)
-   -   My Fish Tank (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/my-fish-tank-3562/)

NegativeZero 02-23-2007 11:04 AM

My Fish Tank

Hey 3 days ago i set up my new fishtank. in it i have 2 black fan-tail goldfish, 1 peppered cory catfish, and my favorite fish my 2 goby dragons.

2 fantails=cheese and crackers
1 peppered cory= druggie
2 gobies=Hannible and Dracula

well out of all of the the most livley is my catfish druggie who nvr seems to want to stop moving. also he aggrivates my goby dracula alot because he repeatedly swims in his cave and then darts out. I rarley ever see dracula, even though he comes out until it is dark he literally comes out only when i am asleep. hannible my other goby is a little smaller but i noticed he is always out wether its day or night though he does most of his swimming at night but at a time when i am still up and can see him. they are both extremely peacful fish and despite the fact that people think they look ugly or creepy they are harmless. they may have tiny eyes and be almost blind but the eyes were the first things i noticed. i cant wait till they get bigger so i can set up a lrger community tank. so far the are both only about 4-5 1/2 inches long.

My goldfish i have also noticed also eat a large number of the bloodworms which my gobies eat. but i also noticed my catfish eats well.....anything that i feed the other fish, but he wont eat his catfish food, hahaha. pretty odd.

this is my first fish tank ever im just getting into this hobby and i think its great and so are my fish!

:nicefish: :crazy: :D

Matt 02-23-2007 11:19 AM

Got any Pics? We love Pictures here at Fish Forum.

NegativeZero 02-23-2007 11:22 AM

not yet but soon i will

soco1125 02-23-2007 11:26 AM

Did you cycle the tank at all before adding all those fish? I'm concerned because goldfish are huge waste producers and your ammonia/nitrate/nitrite levels are probably through the roof. If you don't get things under control soon, your beautiful little dragons will probably be the first to die. I think there's a sticky about cycling in the "Starting and Maintaing" section if you're not familiar with it.

Also, what size is your tank? If it's less than 30 gallons, you will probably be overwhelmed by people here giving you advice and telling you to either get rid of the goldfish or put them in a bigger tank.

I hope this helps you some... feel free to ask anything. Good luck :)

NegativeZero 02-23-2007 11:30 AM

its actually not 2 big of a tank at the moment cus my fish are well...very small but yes i did cycle it. once they get a little bigger i will be moving them into a 55gal tank

soco1125 02-23-2007 11:35 AM

Awesome. I was just checking to make sure; you never know sometimes... plus I too love those dragon gobies and wouldn't want you to lose them :)

NegativeZero 02-23-2007 11:38 AM

i think gobies are beautiful but my mom dad and sister think that they are ugly. i cant w8 till they are bigger

soco1125 02-23-2007 11:46 AM

Haha... I guess that's one of the perks of moving out. I now have 6 tanks in my little house... I think the floorboards are starting to bend :D

NegativeZero 02-23-2007 12:44 PM

haha i wish i could get my own place but im only 15 haha

GobbleDog 03-07-2007 03:07 PM

Ya named your catfish "druggie"?