Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hello from North Dakota! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/hello-north-dakota-35494/)

sericinda 01-17-2010 11:16 PM

Hello from North Dakota!

Hi everyone! My name is Sarah, I live in North Dakota and have owned a dog grooming shop for 12 years. I've always loved aquariums and fish since I was very little, and had my first aquarium when I was a kid. I don't recall what was in it, but I remember really enjoying it. I don't think I've ever been without at least a betta in my life.

I have no kids and a lot of pets haha. My "oldest" is Bella, a 6 year old merle Great Dane. Wyatt Earp is my hearing assistance dog (I am deaf) and is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. I recently rescued another corgi as well and renamed her Annie Oakley.

I also have a Nanday Conure who is 12. I got him as a hand raised baby and people tell me the only reason I can love him is because I'm deaf. ;) His name is Java.

Then came the tanks...it started with a 55 gallon and a few rescued blood parrots and I now have 2 55 gallons with cichlids, a 30 gallon with a blue crayfish and glowfish, a 10 gallon with neons, a 2.5 gallon with a betta and a 29 gallon biocube on the way. Still debating what I will set up in there, and I'm considering another 55 gallon for a puffer. I guess this is addictive, huh?

I just added one aquarium to my "log", check it out!

Nice to meet you all, I'm sure I will have lots of questions should I decide to jump into the saltwater arena with my biocube...yikes.

Sarah

mrdemin 01-17-2010 11:42 PM

I can only say WOW. Welcome to the forum, you sure have a lot of wonderful tanks! Hope you enjoy it here :)

iamntbatman 01-17-2010 11:46 PM

Hello, and welcome to the forum! It seems you already have MTS (multi-tank syndrome) but you'll probably find that this forum only aggravates the condition, haha. Not that that's a bad thing!

dramaqueen 01-18-2010 01:55 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Romad 01-18-2010 06:53 AM

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the forum. That's a lot of pets and they must keep you hopping. The more animals, the better IMO :)

I just Google imaged your bird. Very pretty. Got any pictures of him?

Twistersmom 01-18-2010 06:56 AM

Hello Sarah! Welcome to the forum!

aunt kymmie 01-18-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sericinda (Post 307991)
I also have a Nanday Conure who is 12. I got him as a hand raised baby and people tell me the only reason I can love him is because I'm deaf. ;) His name is Java.

Hi Sarah, welcome to the forum. I also keep a parrot and think she has made me deaf! You own your own dog grooming shop? *sigh* To hang with dogs all day and to make a living while you're doing it? It sounds like a life I would love! :-)

Angel079 01-18-2010 03:24 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum, funny your from ND, a very dear friend of mine settled there as well few yrs ago :-)
Hope you're warming up again and that the massive snow is finally starting to melt away for you all.

sericinda 01-18-2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aunt kymmie (Post 308163)
Hi Sarah, welcome to the forum. I also keep a parrot and think she has made me deaf! You own your own dog grooming shop? *sigh* To hang with dogs all day and to make a living while you're doing it? It sounds like a life I would love! :-)

I love the dogs most days...the owners I could do without. I often wish the dogs could drive themselves to their appointments, lol.

I have a 18 year old African Grey Parrot as well, but he lives with my parents as he doesn't like sharing his attention with Java. He is a hoot, his name is "Toba Bird" (or so he calls himself, is supposed to be Toby) and has an amazing vocabulary of sounds, words and songs. No fun for a deaf person to own a bird with such a great vocabulary and my parents really enjoy him!

sericinda 01-18-2010 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel079 (Post 308334)
Hello and welcome to the forum, funny your from ND, a very dear friend of mine settled there as well few yrs ago :-)
Hope you're warming up again and that the massive snow is finally starting to melt away for you all.

Sigh, it's supposed to snow bad again on friday, which is when I'm supposed to go to the city and pick up my new biocube!! NOT happy about that, I'm excited to go shopping for supplies. Dang weather.