Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   bacteria bloom (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/bacteria-bloom-35489/)

southamericancichlidguy23 01-17-2010 09:33 PM

bacteria bloom

does bacteria bloom do anything besides make ur tank really cloudy does it make parasites hurt ur fish etc etc etc

southamericancichlidguy23 01-17-2010 09:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
oh and iv been doing water changes every 4 days clears for one nite then back to cludy i added sand month ago caused all this and then my filter broke so i just put a marinland 350 in the tank that i bought nice filter but any help to clear this up its bad im gonna upload picture so u can see my mess lol water was changed 3 days ago picture just taken now

southamericancichlidguy23 01-17-2010 10:30 PM

is there a chemical i can clean this up with or something or am i going to have to go threw the 4 to 8 weeks of milky way in my tank lol

southamericancichlidguy23 01-17-2010 11:05 PM

im gonna go to the store in the morning get some prime iv been reading seems it has a good chance clearin this mess up im running out options gonna take some water in get it tested also

mrdemin 01-17-2010 11:44 PM

Sure the new filter isnt disturbing the sand bed?

iamntbatman 01-18-2010 01:10 AM

I think you need to do water changes more often than every 4 days in order to notice an impact on a bloom like that.

Just a heads up: that bamboo is going to die. Bamboo can't survive fully submersed like that; the top of the plant needs to be above the water line. I'm not really sure why pet stores insist on selling bamboo as an aquatic plant.

1077 01-18-2010 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southamericancichlidguy23 (Post 307985)
is there a chemical i can clean this up with or something or am i going to have to go threw the 4 to 8 weeks of milky way in my tank lol

Activated carbon is only chemical to use. Filter maint along with proper amount of filtration and twice weekly 50 percent water changes will be needed until you can find larger tank for these fish., They are more fish than your present filtration can handle. Also agree with Bamboo plant needs removed.
I would return the sturgeon unless you have plans for several thousand gallon tank in the future.

southamericancichlidguy23 01-18-2010 11:04 AM

nope only going to 400 gallon once he reachs 2 and half feet im releasing him into lake erie to be free and yes the filter has something to do with it its three days old but the other one broke and this one is far from the sand plus the sand is blue so it would show the blue color

southamericancichlidguy23 01-18-2010 04:24 PM

k so checked the water ammonia is off the charts over 6.0 and nitro is .65 and climming i bought stability to try and correct it but nitras and ammonia are off the charts and toxic dont knw wut i can do

southamericancichlidguy23 01-18-2010 09:39 PM

i think a 364 gallons a hour can handle the fish i have in there perfectly fine the whisper 60 was it just broke from sand damage