Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Low light 60G plant list - will this work?

970 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Blackfeet 
#1 ·
I have the stock lights (2x 15w T8 marineland natural daylight) on a 60G tank which puts me at 0.5 WPG. This is my plant list:

java fern
anubias nana
anubias congensis
anubias heterophylla
vallisneria spiralis
cryptocoryne wendtii
hygrophila corymbosa angustifolia
hygrophila corymbosa 'kompakt'
dwarf sag

These are listed as low light plants but of course everyone has a different definition of low light. I don't need (nor want) crazy growth as I want a low tech set up. I just want to be able to maintain and slowly grow healthy plants, even if that leaves my options for plants very limited.

Advice?

#2 ·
The java moss should be able to survive but it's growth won't be organized. The val and agustofolia need more light than that. Grass type plants tend to be on the higher end of their light requirement ranges. You will need to stock fish to create nutrients and co2 for the plants or have a good DIY co2 system. The rest of your plants should be ok but you will need fertilizer in the substrate. As well as maybe requiring it for the java moss. All growth will be extremely slow so ascetically you would be best served by getting plants at your desired end size

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.