Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Livebearers (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/)
-   -   baby guppys in...3 MONTHS OF LIFE??!! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/baby-guppys-3-months-life-35366/)

fryup 01-15-2010 12:49 PM

baby guppys in...3 MONTHS OF LIFE??!!

you may have read my other posts about the 8 babys that are only 3 month old and the adult male i have .....well today after my tea i feed my fish and today i sat down so my eye level was online with the gravel ....and there.....a tiny fry ...i cought it and put it in a breeder net within the tank ....i then sat there looking for the next half an hour but looks theres just an only child

yes the mother to the baby is 3 months old and the dad is my lyre tail.......i dont know which female is the mom is but 2 of the female are VERY large still....im thrilled to have more babys...:):):)

slattery9104 01-15-2010 02:36 PM

Your lyretail and guppy interbread? cool post a pic if you can so we can all see :-)

fryup 01-15-2010 02:57 PM

no,no no you miss under stand my guppy family tree.....the girls i have now are fry from parents i lost to swim bladder ...the male (blue lyre tail) is compleatly unrelated to the girls and the fry ( the 1 i found TODAY) must be his

about a pic i dont have a camera good evough to pick up the fry thats less than half a cm in lengh....

i know the girls are 3 month old ...do you think the female will only have had 1 fry or do you think the others may have been eaten....or will she be keeping hold od them till lights out then "drop" them...???????

any replys will be greatly apreciated..:):):)

slattery9104 01-15-2010 03:59 PM

i didnt mean related i ment is one a lyre tail and one a guppy and you ended up with a lyretail guppy? i never heard of or seen a lyretail guppy

fryup 01-16-2010 04:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
sorry i think iv miss understud....is the pic a pic of a lyre tail ....????...if it is then this is my male that has bred with my yellow female

this pic is not my male but my male looks just like it ..?? :):):)

Kristina10 01-17-2010 01:36 AM

I'd say the female that had the fry would of only had one because my young females are four months old and are still pretty small

Kristina10 01-17-2010 01:47 AM

and i don't think that is a lyre tail because i've seen lyre tails before lyre tails have two swords and a plain tail their swords are at the top and the bottom of their tail and are usually yellow
hope this helps

fryup 01-17-2010 02:47 AM

yes thanks that does help...i obviousely miss understood....i will try get a pic of the male and of the female(mom and dad)....:):):)

fryup 01-17-2010 04:32 AM

4 Attachment(s)
here are some pics of mom, dad, my platys and gourami and the 1 baby fry ...hope you like them ...:):):)

fryup 01-17-2010 04:34 AM

if you look closely at pic 3 and 4 right in the middle is the new tiny fry from the yellow guppy in pic one and the blue male in pic 2 ...:):):)