I do not know much about this whether it is in the fish tank or in the garden. My mom would know about the plants in a garden. I was wondering if anyone knows a good online article on trimming/pruning plants in a fish tank and the general care and cleaning. I should probably get myself a good aquarium plant book. I sometimes get tired of reading everything on the computer...not real comfortable after awhile.
Thanks for any suggestions. :)
I can't help you as far as another external link, but maybe I can help you a lil on your problem.
The plant maintenance strongly depends on the type plants you have in the tank (which I donno what that is lol)
- Swords: Pinch off outer leaf on the very bottom of the stems when/ if needed, eg plant is getting too big, leaf is broken in some sorta way
- Stem plants (most common tank plants): Pinch off any desired length, ideally at least 2" and stick clipping back into your gravel, will sprout
- Hygrophilias, ideally cut with scissors (unless you have super nails) at any height you like and/ or cut of whole branches if its getting too bushy; also there stick clippings back into gravel will sprout
- Moss is a lil difficult in most tanks to cut, easiest I found take it out onto a wet tray or alike and cut outside the tank
- Vallis & Grasses, you can't relly trim these as far as height (that would damage the plant) only thing you can do if these get too dense is remove some of the newly built runners
Did I forget a common tank plant now? :-)
Wow! There's your link HollyinWA! And it's internal too! ;-)
I think I just learned how to care for plants there!
Actually I forgot: Crypt's, Anubias, Java Ferns, also pretty common...treat like Swords, cut/ pinch off excess or broken leaf's on the bottom of the plant.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 AM.|
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2