Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Planted Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/)
-   -   plants shipment arrived! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/plants-shipment-arrived-34625/)

teddyzaper 01-02-2010 11:00 AM

plants shipment arrived!

ok so yesterday, my shipment arrived. i had been gone for 4days in florida and i dont know at what time in those days it got here. but when i got home it was on the front door and soaked. i open it in the sink, and to my surprise they are all in perfect condition. infact, they are in better condition then i expected before i went to florida. i ordered them the 16 expecting them to come before christmass so they wouldnt be shipped when im gone but they didnt so i emailed them asking them if they could hold it back so they wouldnt freeze. but they didnt email back, bad customer service. anyways, i had to fill the tank up a quarter of the way so the plants were submerged and they look great. i will post pics later i promise. im hoping all of them survive because i really like them.

Angel079 01-02-2010 11:12 AM

Dang hope they didn't get frost bite out there, not cool, bad service.

What all did you get now???? And yes yes yes pictures plz :-)

teddyzaper 01-02-2010 11:18 AM

hmm i dont really remember the names, i got pennywort, 2 ozelots, 1 tiger lotus, and a few more, lemme see if i can find it

teddyzaper 01-02-2010 11:20 AM

1 of : Cabomba Purple (Red)(Cabomba pulcherrima)

2 of : Dwarf Hairgrass (Eleocharis acicularis) pot

1 of : Ludwigia, Narrow Leaf(Ludwigia palustris)

1 of : Pennywort, Brazilian (Hydrocotyle Leucocephala)(6-8 stems)(8"-10" tall)

2 of : Sword,Ozelot Sword (Echinodorus 'ozelot')potted)

1 of : Tiger Lotus, Red (Nymphaea zenkeri)

Angel079 01-02-2010 11:32 AM

:thumbsup: that is some very nice plant choices there...can't WAIT to see pic's

FYI the tiger lotus often does NOT like shipping, so its leaf's may look some pale and super paper thin. But it'll quickly grow back out with new leaf's once planted ;-)

teddyzaper 01-02-2010 11:38 AM

pictures!

9 Attachment(s)
ok well, the tank is only half full since i didnt expect the plants to come and its hard work filling up a tank, expecialy after a plane ride.

Attachment 7173
Attachment 7174
Attachment 7179
Attachment 7180
Attachment 7181
Attachment 7182
Attachment 7183
Attachment 7184
Attachment 7185

Angel079 01-02-2010 03:03 PM

NICE!!!
Just be warned the Pennyword will explode like weed....so don't say later on no one told you :-)

Mikaila31 01-02-2010 05:50 PM

Those would of froze in a heartbeat where I am. You got some good plants though. Was -19 here this morning and I was upset that work didn't call me off:-(.

teddyzaper 01-03-2010 11:16 AM

lol, yea, either really goood packing or just pure luck. they wouldve froze here also. it was around 28 F. the main reason i bought pennywort is because in some tanks i get a SLOW but steady growth of algea, and after switching light, temp, ferts, and more stuff, i decided that its just the water that does it. its not bad, its like after a week or so it becomes barely visible. its just a little brown algea on the glass. not a big deal.