Tropical Fish Keeping banner

new member,well sorta

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
first off, thanks all, it is very refreshing to find a forum like this one. i have come here a time or two,but till now have mainly stayed at other forums(no names to be polite).but the more i learn about aquaria i am starting to see a all to real treand of ill concieved,uneducated advise.

my wife has been a member here for a few months and assured me that that is not the case here, and indeed she seems to be right(as always).

this December we suffered a lot of dead loss(4 cichlids+1 vt betta+2 ballon mollies)
Petco sold us 2 cichlids(a b-day gift) that they were treating for ich and some "airborn" illness that spread to all of our tanks. they were treating the fish so they knew they were sick but did not feel the need to tell us.we qt them for four days but by then it was too late.it was in the air and in the other tanks.

not to let a tank sit empty we started a fancy guppy tank.
also started a brackish setup with a lone Green Spotted Puffer who i have named Oarson Swells.

again
thanks tropicalfishkeeping...i think im gonna like it here.

See less See more
#5 ·
Hi there,

Welcome to the forum. Your wife is right - you'll learn a lot here and get some great advice. When I started up my new tanks in Feb. 09, I had no clue about the nitrogen cycle, water changes, (well the list goes on and on....).
I did read alot before I found this forum but there's no advice better than from these people who love the hobby and have tons of first-hand experience under their belts.

#8 ·
Hello & Welcome, enjoy yourself here :)

a jack russell terrorist for sure.
:lol: I have a jack mix, looks like yours (same colors) just longer hair.....I can only second the terrorist part ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.