Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   Would like an opinion from anyone and everyone. (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/would-like-opinion-anyone-everyone-34264/)

Kelso 12-26-2009 06:56 PM

Would like an opinion from anyone and everyone.

As this is strictly opinion, what are your guys's take on the most beautiful fish and give a reason why.
I'm just curious to see what you guys think!;-)

Angel079 12-26-2009 07:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My Killi (A. Australe) pictures below. Cause they have a amazing color when taken care of correctly are simply incredible in behavior compared to other school's and are plain amazing to watch :-D

Kelso 12-26-2009 07:55 PM

O wow, they really are interesting looking...colors are splendid! I never seen them the same way yours look.

stephanieleah 12-26-2009 08:44 PM

I have to say I have a fondness for the BN pleco. They are just so unique looking and I like their inner beauty (so gentle and quiet).

Discus look really cool in heavily planted tanks. Also an inner beauty thing, quiet and regal.

Angel079 12-26-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelso (Post 294870)
O wow, they really are interesting looking...colors are splendid! I never seen them the same way yours look.

There's I donno how many thousand's species of Killi's...but these are sure my most fav one's, but there's plenty other Killi forms that are extremely incredible in color too....finding them (here in the US anyway) is a whole nother headache lol

mrdemin 12-26-2009 11:44 PM

Angel, I never saw those before, and they are def pretty.

I personally am a big fan of angels and discus. I do not dislike small fish, howevery I do not feel the same compassion towards them. Angels and discus are both very laid back, along with what I percieve to be friendly personality. Discus come in wonderful colors, WONDERFUL colors. Angels come in a very interesting variety as well. They both also seem to approach a person the way a dog or cat would, recognizing and appreciative.

Geez, I can't believe I just wrote that about fish.

Kelso 12-27-2009 01:22 AM

I may sound like a jerk here...but I think angel fish are...ugly...idk why but they're so unattractive to me. I think discuses are kinda in my top for now...I'd still have to figure it out.

Cody 12-27-2009 01:39 AM

I'll limit myself to freshwater...

Cardinal Tetras, hands down. A group of 20+ Cardinal Tetras with a black background, black gravel, and subdued lighting is one of the most beautiful things in the FW world.

1077 12-27-2009 02:16 AM

Discus, and the German Blue rams.

Pasfur 12-27-2009 07:01 AM

Geophagus surinamensis.