Tropical Fish Keeping banner

they all made it!!!

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Fishin Pole 
#1 ·
well the move went on this weekend... what a pain in the back side (and everywhere else)... out of the 23 people who were supposed to help 9 showed up and we still moved 2 houses (a three bed room and a 4 bed room) in 5 hours!!!!!!!!!! wow and wow :-D
next day returned for the tanks and every one made it with out any issues.
due to short trip and lack of funding we just drained them down to 1/4 and moved them in tank got them to new location refilled and got those pumps back on took 2 hourse from start to finish counting draining down all the tanks!!!!
i was so worried and had ZERO losses...... i so happy i dont know what to do!! now to finish organizing the house and get ready to either start the Betta project or some small work on the potential fish room..hhhhmmmmmm either way pix to follow in the next 5-7 days of whats there and what will be in the future......
:crazy::rofl::redyay::welldone::blueyay::tease::greenyay::BIGcool::eek:mg:

#3 ·
Glad there were no problems. I have been in on some moves and at times,,, could swear that there wasn't anyone else on the planet when it came to enlisting help. Once offered to have a keg after the moving was done and it resulted in a brawl and subsequent arrest for disorderly conduct. Folks were arguing about who was or wasn't lifting, who was going up the stairs first, and family origins were discussesd heatedly. We didn't wait until after the move to tap the keg. Prolly shoulda:roll:

#4 ·
:blueyay: AWESOME! I was wondering bout you cause I remembered you saying its gonna happen before Christmas. Glad to hear you indeed had helpers and it all went well - And yes that's a QUICK time for all these tanks really!!!

Congratulations on the move, the new house and Happy Holidays :-D

#8 ·
thank you all sooooooo much.. i was so worried!!! so now the set ups for the house are a bit different but thats to be expected.... my wife now has her 45 up and running and we took down the 30 for the time being, i have the two 20's up and going one for platties and whats left of the guppies in the other one (no losses due to the move but they have been dieing off over the last few weeks, i have had little to no luck with them and 50+ fish later i am giving up on the guppies!) my oldest child has her female betta in a 1 gal and i have my male in a 2 gal. all other tanks are put away for now and as we get settled we will start to re build the situation as discussed in other threads....
on stand by;
my wifes 30 gal
1-5 gal
5-10 gal (two more on the way!!)
2-1 gal
1- 2 gal

#10 ·
Congrats on the successful move... I must say I do not look forward to my move....

when the time comes ( lol ) you were very lucky to have 9 people.. thats great.

the last time the wife and I moved we only had our selves and 3 other people.

I can not imagine not have family.... thank goodness hope you all have a

very merry X-mas...

Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.