Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   Second 10g set up - Pictures (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/second-10g-set-up-pictures-34048/)

Angel079 12-20-2009 06:36 PM

Second 10g set up - Pictures

4 Attachment(s)
So after I frozen my you know what off washing sand outside in the 30's yesterday and some hrs of fiddling back & forth with different layouts & set up's...here's what I came up with now...
The Rocks are typical local rocks that I selected around the pond, made sure they pass the Vinegar test, cleaned them as well and added by size, which also offers neat lil caves now for whom ever that will move in there. I selected them mainly because of the red'ish coloration which is hard to see on the pic's relaly, just take my word for it, I like them :lol:

And yes the theme winded up being triggered by a new member here who asked many questions about background and reminding me of home (The Rockies) Hairgrass was the closest I found to rep. tumbleweed :-D (yes Mean Henri I'm talking about you)

Anyway I also added a updated picture of the 1st 10g (with the black sand) that I set up before Thanksgiving...I gotta do something with the Java Moss taking over VERY SOON (it was only 1/2 cup when I added it:dunno:)

Mecal 12-20-2009 06:40 PM

looks pretty good.
I really like that piece of wood in there, you can definitely do a lot with that.

dukie1346 12-20-2009 06:44 PM

Awesome tank!

eileen 12-20-2009 07:28 PM

Nice tank set up. May I suggest something that works really well with Java moss. You know those bath mesh sponges. Buy 1 and take it apart. Put the Java moss on a rock and cover it with the Mesh and twist it on the bottom and use a tie wrap to secure it. I have them all over my 55 gal. tank and other tanks. It is easy to trim as you just take out the rock and trim it. No mess or getting into your filter. You can also use clear fishing line and attach it to some driftwood with some java ferns.l

Mean Harri 12-20-2009 07:30 PM

Very nice. I do ask a lot of questions don't I?

Angel079 12-20-2009 08:45 PM

@Eileen I actually have screen to use for aquascaping purposes...easier then taken bath sponges apart :-) I just really hadn't gotten to this LITTLE moss before it grew too quickly for my non- attention lol so I gotta get at it And I actually wanna create kinda like a" moss wall" using the screen again ... but as often in life - time is the key...

@Harri - Not too many questions not at all...Just the background poster Garden of the Gods style triggered some good memory here and they influenced the new set up :-)

MoneyMitch 12-21-2009 12:42 AM

cant wait to see how the growth will fill things out nice layout, makes me want to update my pix lol about three monhts old or so :O

Angel079 12-21-2009 09:33 AM

Thanks Mitch - I'm hoping for a nice ground covering there too, had good luck with hairgrass in the past to spread ANYWHERE...so let's hope it does it again :-)

YES PLS update your pictures!!! There's one under your aquariums...somehow I thought you had more then 1 tank?? But LOVEEE your African's...I'm tempted to fiddle with my soft water and get me some African's again one day, they're just awesome.