Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   Party (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/party-33906/)

Angel079 12-16-2009 09:17 PM

Party

Have to share this real quick before running off.... so for my special day I told hubby I wanted no gifts but FISH so shopping we went:mrgreen:

Here's what happened:

45g that houses 5 Rummy (will stock up to 10 asap when I find more) got 6 Albino Cory, 1 Pleco, 2 Chinese algae eater and 5 Serpae Tetra added

55g (due to its circumstances) got 1 Pleco and 2 Chinese algae eater added

10g Housing "Earl" (Betta) received 10 (or so) ghost shrimp (since they'll not cross breed with the other one's I'd like to get) so they can help establish the tank

Pictures to follow (if my camera will be seedy enough lol)

I'm like a kid on Christmas day folks, I have 1 chair in front every tank and run in circles here watching everybody I'm soooo happy :-D Specially with the 45g cause its just such a wonderful tank and the Albino's on the black gravel - PRICELESS too cute - ok need to get off here & watch fish again before the party ;-)
Slide 1 .O {font-size:149%;}

Romad 12-16-2009 09:26 PM

Nice :)

Congrats on all of your new fishies. I know what you mean by trying to watch everything at once. I'm happy for you.

Have fun at the party too.

mrdemin 12-16-2009 09:41 PM

Happy bday!!! I'm assuming its today if you're running off to party :) Wish you all the best and 180g soon lol.

aunt kymmie 12-16-2009 10:31 PM

Congrats and HaPpY BiRtHdAy! Chinese Algae eaters? Curious choice for you, no? What type plecos did you get??

Angel079 12-17-2009 09:43 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Here's pictures of the new gang as promised - Has anyone EVER tried taking a picture of an Albino Cory on dark grounds....I can't get it to work for me, them guys are too bright, so here's the "best" shot I can offer :lol:

@aunt kymmie: To be honest with you, there's SO MANY different L123 or L345....and they all look a lot alike to me, so attached 2 diff pictures (one from the 55g tank and the other from the 45g tank), feel free to ID which L-Model I got there, I can tell ya sorry.

@mrdemin - Thanks, yes it was yesterday, but I didn't get no 180g YET...that would be NICE thou wouldn't it??? Ahhh I need a addition on the house and a fish room :-D

LisaC144 12-17-2009 11:46 AM

The picture with the cory on the leaf is a great picture! Congrats on all the new additions and Happy Belated Birthday!

dramaqueen 12-17-2009 12:07 PM

Nice pics!!

teddyzaper 12-17-2009 12:07 PM

that pleco looks really stressed, when do you feed it? what do u feed it? does it hide during the day? does it have a dark cave to hide in?

Angel079 12-17-2009 12:27 PM

Thanks guys - First thing this AM with some coffee: WATCH FISH :lol:

@Teddyzaper: The stressing would be because I took the picture RIGHT as I added him in the tank, cause I knew that 2-3 sec later he'd go hiding in/ under the driftwood :lol: and I knew there's no more picture taking after that...so yea he's surly looking stressed that min just being added.
Apart from algae they have various bottom feeder pills, algae wafers that type thing. My old one used to also get into Bloodworms that went to the bottom and the fish didn't catch in time - If these 2 do that I donno yet (only had them 1 night so...) also my old one's LOVED cucumber, again I donno that yet about the newbie's.

Mean Harri 12-17-2009 06:56 PM

Nice addition. I love albino Cory's. They may be my favorite actually. You're excitement is making my excitement rise. I can't wait to get started. meh on waiting...