Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Greetings (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/greetings-33774/)

Mean Harri 12-13-2009 11:06 PM

Greetings

Hello fish fans. I'm new to the forums and thinking about returning to the world of the fish keeping. It's been 10 years since I have had an aquarium.

If I do this, and it looks like I will, I will be setting up the aquarium that I've always wanted and never had. I'm in it this time for the real deal. Yes, prior I was in to the whole water science thing and micro managing it. But I've never had a live plant, all natural eco-system in an aquarium before. This time it's serious 8)

I doubt I'll be diving in over my head with a giant aquarium . But no matter what size aquarium I get, I want to do it "right". And boy oh boy I have questions. I should say I will have ?'s. I've been reading and studying and pretty much know exactly what I want in equipment, fish, substrate, etc...

Yikes! What an intro post. Sorry.
tl;dr Hi. I'll be picking your brains.

mrdemin 12-13-2009 11:38 PM

Hey, welcome to the forum. Are you planning a saltwater or freshwater tank? What size aquarium do you hope to get? I find fish to be a very soothing hobby, getting the tank ready for them, introducing them, and watching them grow comfortable in the tank is a good feeling. Theres always something to do with the little ones, additions, water changes, etc.. The fun never stops!
There are plenty of very helpful articles on this site, VERY informative. If you have questions don't be shy to ask, some very informative people on here!

willow 12-14-2009 03:10 AM

hello and welcome.
look forward to hearing of your adventure back to the Wet pets.

dramaqueen 12-14-2009 06:38 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Twistersmom 12-14-2009 11:38 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum!

aunt kymmie 12-14-2009 12:04 PM

Welcome back to the hobby. Glad you decided to join us! :-)

Mean Harri 12-14-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdemin (Post 289362)
Hey, welcome to the forum. Are you planning a saltwater or freshwater tank? What size aquarium do you hope to get? I find fish to be a very soothing hobby, getting the tank ready for them, introducing them, and watching them grow comfortable in the tank is a good feeling. Theres always something to do with the little ones, additions, water changes, etc.. The fun never stops!
There are plenty of very helpful articles on this site, VERY informative. If you have questions don't be shy to ask, some very informative people on here!

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Mr Demin,
I am going to go freshwater. Although salt water tanks can be beautiful with some really awesome fish, I prefer not to go that route. Maybe some day. I am really liking the bow front aquariums but do not want one of those in glass. I would prefer a bow front in acrylic. So 36g or maybe a 46g bow front acrylic. If I go glass I am thinking perhaps a 40g breeder. I want the depth. That's why I won't touch a 55g. Too skiny...