Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   New Site (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/new-site-33647/)

Kellsindell 12-10-2009 09:26 PM

New Site

Hey, All, i've been pretty busy, but I've noticed a lot of new changes when I finally got the chance to come back on here normally.

Although I do like the new look and name, there is something i want to talk about. I can't access the site from my phone! I want to be on here more and I try to use my phone. My local club allows me to log in, but here, I cannot. Is there any way to get that changed?

Any other thoughts from everyone else I am sure would benefit the BOD's of this site.

Kellsindell 12-10-2009 10:23 PM

OH, and if there can be a subscription link added so that When there's an update on a thread, we'll get informed when we go to our home page? (just thoughts)

mrdemin 12-10-2009 11:47 PM

When you are making a reply to a topic there is a drop down list w/ a selection of notification options to choose from...
Most newer cellphones have browsers that support just about any website, iPhone, Androids, Blackberries... I would say just about any smartphone.
Mobile versions of website CAN be created, but not so much a forum. I can use this site fine on my BB, although it isnt formatted great on the browser that the phone came with, I installed a 3rd party browser and it loads just like on my pc. I don't think re-creating a mobile version of any site is "tactical" in 2010 since most cellphones can load just about anything.

Kellsindell 12-11-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdemin (Post 288158)
When you are making a reply to a topic there is a drop down list w/ a selection of notification options to choose from...
Most newer cellphones have browsers that support just about any website, iPhone, Androids, Blackberries... I would say just about any smartphone.
Mobile versions of website CAN be created, but not so much a forum. I can use this site fine on my BB, although it isnt formatted great on the browser that the phone came with, I installed a 3rd party browser and it loads just like on my pc. I don't think re-creating a mobile version of any site is "tactical" in 2010 since most cellphones can load just about anything.

Understood, but ATM i don't see a button for that on "This" site. I can access everything from my palm pre, but I can't log onto the site under my name and reply to anything. That's big for me. I have been spending a lot of time on my club site because I am able to get on and see everything and reply (more importantly).

aunt kymmie 12-11-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellsindell (Post 288344)
Understood, but ATM i don't see a button for that on "This" site. I can access everything from my palm pre, but I can't log onto the site under my name and reply to anything. That's big for me. I have been spending a lot of time on my club site because I am able to get on and see everything and reply (more importantly).

This thread is causing me to get up off the couch and drag out my phone to see if I'm able to log on and reply...

wake49 12-12-2009 06:58 AM

I can log in on my iPhone. Does the Palm Pre have a full html browser? Or is it possible, as mrdemin said, to download another browser to your phone?

aunt kymmie 12-12-2009 10:06 AM

I'm able to post replies on my Palm. I have no idea what browser I have....

Mike 12-13-2009 08:34 AM

Hi Kellsindell,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Had you ever been able to log into the site via your phone? Your question seemed to imply that you had, but I figured I'd ask explicitly so we could determine if the issue may be a result of something changing here.

Kellsindell 12-16-2009 07:52 PM

It seems to be working now for my phone. Not sure why it didn't initially. Thanks for looking out. That's why i love this site so much more then others!