Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Planted Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/)
-   -   Great place to get EI ferts (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/great-place-get-ei-ferts-33352/)

MoneyMitch 12-04-2009 01:02 PM

Great place to get EI ferts

Planted Aquarium Fertilizer - Main, Main, Dry Fertilizers, Dry Fertilizers,

was trying to find where to buy the ferts needed for ei and was referde to this site, just thought i would share with everyone else.

Angel079 12-04-2009 01:14 PM

You know quite some about this matter too if I may say..care to share thoughts with a not so knowledgeable -fertilizer person here http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/a...ow-when-33261/
I'd really like to collect various ideas and experiences there, not only for me, but thinking this may be helpful to anyone else new to the fertilizer world.

MoneyMitch 12-04-2009 01:27 PM

ive glanced at that thread and dont think EI is appropriate there, seing how this method of EI does require some experience.

Angel079 12-04-2009 01:32 PM

So is that the only thing you use then? Do I understand the page correctly it these lil chem set's that you mix yourself pretty much?

MoneyMitch 12-04-2009 10:20 PM

they arent sets at all but individual salts to fert your aquarium with, they are to be manily used for barrs EI method. and yes these are all you will need in combo with good lighting and c02 injection.

Angel079 12-06-2009 09:13 PM

Hmmm maybe that's not what I was thinking of then. The stuff I check out before was like mini lil bottles of different minerals and you mix your own fert out of it, based on what you guess your plants exact needs are (some plants need more Fe then others etc) and dose your tank that way.

If you say its too complicated for me, I'll take your word, but still am interested to understand the barr EI method you're using please? :-)

MoneyMitch 12-07-2009 12:33 PM

its actually a quite simple goal, give all ferts nutrients and micro nutrients along with l9ighting and lots of c02 in a unlimiting supply so that your plants can flourish. barr is a member on the ukaps.org site and there is LOTS of info of E.I there he even accecpts PM'S so i would go directly to the founder and have a sit down with him. i dont use this method im just aware it exsits and from what everyone says its not too hard to do its just not reccomended unless your REALLY serious about your platns.

Angel079 12-07-2009 12:51 PM

So if I get you right by what you say there, this method is actually about providing TONS of everything in excess for your plants? ("unlimiting supply")
So I can't be serious about MY plants & tanks cause I'm not using it and still grow awesome plants w/out ferts!? I don't get that sorry...

MoneyMitch 12-07-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel079 (Post 286281)
So if I get you right by what you say there, this method is actually about providing TONS of everything in excess for your plants? ("unlimiting supply")
So I can't be serious about MY plants & tanks cause I'm not using it and still grow awesome plants w/out ferts!? I don't get that sorry...

im not famillar with your setup or anything like that and i guess i used the wrong word there. EI is mainly used with hard to grow plants like hairgrass baby tears most all of the red plants and hard to gor wplants. and yes this is about providfing TONS of everything for your plants to flourish.

i cant explain it too far in detail you should take a look at ukaps.org many MANY posts about EI there.

Angel079 12-07-2009 04:21 PM

Dang I can't find the link any more with them lil bottles to mix up...If I come across it again, I'll show ya what I was talkin bout.

Baby tears I can see, my dwarf are doing ok'ish in the 55g but not really all that great. Now Hairgrass I had one time and one time only and it took over the grounds in no time at all, that's a weed man! And yea red plants are harder to keep IMO, thou I always been pretty lucky with the red tiger lotus so far *knock on wood*