Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Plant Name And Tips On It Please

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ChristinaRoss 
#1 ·
Below is the plant yesterday I buy I wanted to know the name of the plant and how much light it need and how much CO2. I wanted to as many as information I can get.

I also wanted to know How it can be grown like just tie with wood or just buried roots under the substrate

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
This is something of a guess, as I've never seen this plant "live" in stores to my knowledge, but it looks like Brazilian milfoil, Myriophyllum aqiaticum. If this is correct, then it is a stem plant that requires good lighting (on the bright side), although Peter Hiscock mentions that in strong light the plant may produce thick leaves above the surface. It does well in softer water, but tolerates slightly basic (pH 7.5) water. It is said to require regular fertilization (liquid).

Being a stem plant, you can stick the ends of the stems in the gravel to hold it down. Keep the stems aprat a bit to allow light to reach the lower portions in order to avoid leaf loss.

Byron.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.