Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
- - New tank for Christmas? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/new-tank-christmas-33045/)
New tank for Christmas?
I was thinking of asking for a tank for Christmas. Trouble is I'm new to the hobby and I am unsure which tank to get?
I will not have much room so preferably a small(ish) tank.
I need it to have a VERY silent filter
and that's it really :).
I was thinking of a cold-water set up if that helps :).
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Also I am living in the U.K so no American websites please :lol:.
Well the best to do (apart from coming here and asking first & then shop):
- Exactly where you wanna set up the tank at, measure it what size you have available there
- Quiet filter is not a problem, and for small tank I suggest a sponge filter
- Do you want the tank planted (that determines what lights to get for the tank)?
- Decide first what fish you like, many are tropical, you say 'cold water' which means I assume you don't want to add a heater but rather house them at room temp, that narrows it down quite some (Brows here, see what fish looks nice to you https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/...lies.cfm?c=830)
- Last but not least, you need to know your water parameters as many fish require a differed hardness (KH) and a different pH. Meaning if you get fish that require soft water, houseing them in hard water will not allow them to thrive and possibly die quick and vise versa.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.