Mystery Snail is Floating, pleast help!
1. Size of tank? 29 gallons
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? 0ppm
b. Nitrite? 0 ppm
c. Nitrate? somewhere around 3 ppm (between 0 ad 5 on chart)
d. pH, KH and GH? 8.2, and I have no idea...
e. Test kit? API freshwater liquid test kit
3. Temperature? 25 C, so 77
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? FW
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? since August, so about 5 months
6. What fish do you have? Mystery Snail, Cherry Barb, and Bristlenose Pleco
How many are in your tank? 1, 7, 1
How big are they? about one inch from one side of his shell to the other, the largest is about 2 in., the rest are slightly smaller, about 1 1/2 in.
How long have you had them? about 4 1/2 months, about 3 months, about 2 months
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? no
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? floating water sprite (not doing so well), Brazilian Pennywort, Pygmy chain sword
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? sand
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? two hollow, plastic, driftwood pieces
9. a. Filtration? one Penguin Biowheel 200 (without the biowheel)
b. Heater? 150 wt. submestable
10. Lighting schedule? from noon to about 8:30
What lights are used? CD-83617 Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED+
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? no
11. a. Water change schedule? weekly
b. Volume of water changed? 1/3
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? tap
d. Water conditioner used? Prime (how much are you suppose to use per Gallon? I've been using 4 drops per gallon... is that right?)
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? very infrequently (as in about 2 times)
12. Foods? Omega One shrimp pellets and flakes, algae wafers, and various veggies
How often are they fed? one shrimp pellet in the morning, and flakes in the afternoon, they are given an algae wafer or veggies one a week (for instance I gave them lettuce last week)
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? the mystery snail, Edmond, is floating
b. Appearance of poop? normal
c. Appearance of gills?
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? yes
b. What meds were used? heat treatment (when the fish had ich)
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.
He's been poking his antennae out, so I know he's still alive... Is there anything I can do to help him? Everyone else seems normal. This started Friday night.
Its normal. Mine did that all the time. Its just air in their shells and will descend to the ground slowly. If it was for a long time, then I'd be concerned.
Never mind, he's back to normal now. Thanks for all your encouragement!
Snails pretty much are at the bottom, and empty when they are dead. Glad he is ok.
Mine did that too!! I just assumed he was sleeping and I would check back each day and sure enough eventually I would find him roaming around the tank again. Pretty normal behavior but upsetting to see the first time.
But it's weird because he hasn't done this before, and I've had him for about 5 months...
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 PM.|
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.