Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Redid my tanks

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  arney 
#1 ·
Hello

I redid my tanks after some suggestions on here. Here ya GO!

As a bonus I added a view of my wall of the side tanks, including my QT tank which currently houses a female betta to keep it cycled.

As always suggestions and opinions are welcome even if it is negative.

See less See more
#6 ·
xingumike said:
agrered the qt tank need some decor asap or the betta needs to go
I got some old decor lying around, I added them in. I can put her in my 29G but I would rather keep my QT tank cycled. Do you know if a cycled tank stays cycled if I just keep the sponge filter going and do weekly water changes??

I thought she might be ok since she is always responsive and comes to the front of the tank. I have seen people keep bettas in those 2 gallon tanks with nothing but gravel, I figured compared to that she is in the Presidential Suite!

Thanks!

#7 ·
mvirata said:
xingumike said:
agrered the qt tank need some decor asap or the betta needs to go
I got some old decor lying around, I added them in. I can put her in my 29G but I would rather keep my QT tank cycled. Do you know if a cycled tank stays cycled if I just keep the sponge filter going and do weekly water changes??

I thought she might be ok since she is always responsive and comes to the front of the tank. I have seen people keep bettas in those 2 gallon tanks with nothing but gravel, I figured compared to that she is in the Presidential Suite!

Thanks!
Bettas are territorial so by having no decor there are no territories for her to defend so that tank is probably stressing her as its a big open space for one betta.

re keeping the tank cycled, what you mentioned is not enough to keep it so, you would need to feed the tank even if there are no fish in it, this rotting food will produce ammonia which is then converted etc etc keeping the cycle going. Or add a couple of more suitable fish and just carry on as normal

#9 ·
Nice lookin setup! i especially like the pic with the red lighting.I have used black lights before but i like the red. I'm sure that it would be good for seeing nocturnal fish. By the way is that a desert eagle on the wall?

#10 ·
Dk said:
Nice lookin setup! i especially like the pic with the red lighting.I have used black lights before but i like the red. I'm sure that it would be good for seeing nocturnal fish. By the way is that a desert eagle on the wall?
AHHH I woke up this morning and saw my betta hanging around my makeshift caves using a bunch of old terracotta pots. She is much happier now, thanks!

OFF TOPIC
Yes that is an official Airsoft Desert Eagle, Two-tone Metal and spring loaded. I can shoot it around in the house with a sticky target. I am also getting a Green Gas Tokyo Murai Airsoft HK handgun also. I have a real full sized Beretta which I inherited.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.