Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater and Tropical Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/)
-   -   Guppy Photos (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/guppy-photos-32211/)

Fishin Pole 11-14-2009 09:37 AM

Guppy Photos

2 Attachment(s)
Well i have seen this done for a few other species so why not guppies..........Everyone please post your pics of your favorite guppies........Here are are few of mine........Albino Blue Tails and Albino Galaxies....hope you like them!

Fishin Pole 11-15-2009 10:08 AM

i thought this post would have taken off with a bunch of members pics....Doesnt anyone else keep guppies?

xrayjeeper83 11-15-2009 03:34 PM

what do yall do with the babies that these fish are always having?

Fishin Pole 11-15-2009 04:21 PM

angelfish food, snacks for my africans, trade for other species, sell them online and locally.........

jeaninel 11-15-2009 05:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Gorgeous guppies, FP.

Here's a couple pics of mine but I can't seem to get any decent pics. They spaz out every time I get too close to the tank thinking I'm going to feed them. They're hard to photograph when they're zipping around the tank! LOL

bearwithfish 11-16-2009 11:08 AM

you asked for them

5 Attachment(s)
:-D here are some of my favorite shots.....
Attachment 5608

Attachment 5609

Attachment 5610

Attachment 5611

Attachment 5612

Romad 11-16-2009 12:11 PM

So pretty - all of them. I can't wait to move my community fish out of my 45 gal hex so I can stock it with fancy guppies. I'll be doing lots of research in the meantime.

aquariangel 11-16-2009 02:45 PM

Yes, very lovely gups Bear! Nice shots, they are just little buggers to photograph aren't they? LOL

I'm sad to say we've lost both male and a couple female red albino galaxies. :sob: But at least one of the females did drop fry, a few of which are surviving. So fingers crossed that there's a male in the survivors. And hoping that perhaps one of the remaining females was pregnant before the last male kicked. I'll tell ya what, I get so sad seeing those little bodies at the bottom of the tank.....Fishin Pole had tested the water after we found the first one dead and he said the ammoia was high. So we pulled them & put them into another tank below we've had cycling and he did a water change on the top tank. But this morning is when we found the other male and a female dead . Some of the fry were also dead.:-(
He transferred the living adults back to the top tank and when I checked on them at lunch everyone was doing ok. I didn't check the fry tank tho, hope they're ok....:-?

aquariangel 11-16-2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaninel (Post 274636)
Gorgeous guppies, FP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaninel (Post 274636)

Here's a couple pics of mine but I can't seem to get any decent pics. They spaz out every time I get too close to the tank thinking I'm going to feed them. They're hard to photograph when they're zipping around the tank! LOL

Because of that very problem I started taking pictures with my 70-300 mm zoom lense. I can stand pretty far back from the tanks (the entire length of the room actually) and still focus in on one or two of the guppies without disturbing them. It also cuts down on or eliminates completely the flash reflection if I'm using flash.