Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   New Website (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/new-website-32149/)

SKAustin 11-12-2009 07:34 PM

New Website

Anyone who knows me well enough can tell you I'm a huge fan of Halloween. I spend several weeks preparing my yard for the holiday each year. This year, I decided that I was going to dust off my webmasters hat and make an attempt at developing a new website with which to showcase my projects, and share project ideas with others around the internet. I am now a good portion of the way through the construction of the site, and was hoping to get the word out about my site, and maybe get a variety of opinions and constructive criticizm on the site design, layout, and contents. I would also like to make sure there are no glitches in the site that might be encountered by folks with different settings.

www.thehauntinggrounds.com

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone with a few minutes to spare could give a visit to the site, have a look around, and then return to provide their thoughts or criticizms here in this thread. Thanks in advance.

SK

aunt kymmie 11-12-2009 07:59 PM

I need to spend more than the five minutes I just did, but I didn't encounter any glitches. I think it's a fantastic idea and after I finish feeding everyone I'm going back in to check out the entire site. So far, so good. :-)

molliefan09 11-12-2009 08:13 PM

WOW!! you make all those decorations yourself?? it is absolutly amazing! i cant wait until next halloween....i am definately going to try and make some of your projects you have listed!! keep it going...it is going to be a very nice site once you have completed it!

terryap 11-13-2009 05:35 AM

WOW, since I am also a big fan of halloween, I thought this was fantastic !!! LOVE IT, we're planning on a walkthrough graveyard scene next year, this have given me some great ideas!

wake49 11-13-2009 01:48 PM

I don't know if you haven't uploaded any photos of '07 yet, but I couldn't access them. This might be a glitch, just letting you know.

Maybe you can have a section for guests to show photos, or a photo of the month of October...just to get a little user involvement...just a thought.

SKAustin 11-13-2009 07:57 PM

Thanks for the compliments, Yes molliefan09, we make those all by hand.

J Bryce, Thanks for reminding me about the missing photos. I had not gotten around to posting those few photos from 2007 so it was just an empty gallery. Ive now posted a few into that album.

As for the user photos idea, We have a facebook page for the site where fan photos can be submitted.

dramaqueen 11-13-2009 08:59 PM

Nice website!!

willow 11-14-2009 06:06 AM

i think it's great,
and for me,it was easy to navigate around.
i don't want to gush over the top with my enthusiam(sp)
but i think your creations are awsome,and i will be looking forward to watching
your website develop and grow over the seasons.
:-D

wake49 11-14-2009 06:59 AM

I forgot to mention: Very nice Website!

I really like that '07 Scarecrow.

SKAustin 11-15-2009 10:06 AM

Thanks.

Is anyone still using 800x600 resolution? Im curious as to how that resolution appears, and since my laptop is widescreen, i cant test that one.