Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   Shipment arrived - Mission accomplished, Tank planted (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/shipment-arrived-mission-accomplished-tank-planted-32141/)

Angel079 11-12-2009 05:27 PM

Shipment arrived - Mission accomplished, Tank planted

3 Attachment(s)
Look now, what y'all say?
I'm really pleased with he quality & quantity of plants that arrived today, was unsure about ordering from a unknown online place, but now I'm happy.
Boy did I mentally block out how hanging sideways in a 55g to plant it hurts your back after a while....but its well worth it.
Its been YEARS (and then some) since I last bought actual brand new plants, so I'm not used to these tiny things any more, but I do believe they're pretty decent size, BUT they gotta hurry up and grow in now LOL looks very 'empty' I know, but it will grow in over time.
Like the Amazon swords in the back, mine all were 2ft kinda floating up top when I had to give my tanks up, so these one's with about 12-13" look MINI to me lol.
The Tiger Lotus didn't appreciate to be shipped, but that's to be expected for such a fragile plant, it'll grow back out nice thou.

So now of cause: WHAT Y'ALL THINK??????

WisFish 11-12-2009 05:41 PM

Looks good! I like the way you grouped the plants. It will be interesting to see this tank in about 3 months. It ought to fill out nicely of course.

Angel079 11-12-2009 05:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ups was gonna show the 10g in a cleaner version again too, here it is...I still can't get over how nice the DYI gravel worked out, loving it.

Angel079 11-12-2009 06:00 PM

Tanks Wisfish..I know they're small, but once grown in some 5-6 mos from now I think this tank will be PLENTY full with plants.

Twistersmom 11-12-2009 06:43 PM

Both of your tanks look great!

Angel079 11-12-2009 07:28 PM

Thank you :-) Been a LONG time waiting since last tank set up

molliefan09 11-12-2009 08:03 PM

very nice tanks!! i have been trying to aquascape my 20 gallon for 2 months now an i just cant get it....i dont like anything i do.......could you give us a list of the plants you purchased??

aunt kymmie 11-12-2009 08:10 PM

muy fantástico!! :-D

Angel079 11-12-2009 08:12 PM

Where do you have a picture of you 20g that I can see?

Here's what I put in...
Vallisneria Asiatica Var. Biwaensis (Corkscrew Val)

Echinodorus Bleheri (Amazon Sword) Pot

Echinodorus Tenellus (Narrow Leaf Chain Sword)

Cryptocoryne Wendtii Red

Cryptocoryne Walkeri

Sagittaria Subulata (Dwarf)

Hemianthus Micranthemum (Potted) (Baby Tears)

Ludwigia Natans (Ludwigia Repens)

Nesaea Sp. Red Leaved (Nesaea Red)

Nymphea Lotus Red (Red Tiger Lotus)

molliefan09 11-12-2009 08:15 PM

i have them in my aquariums...although.....in those pics i dont have any live plants......now i have some java moss and some anacharis.....my java fern bit the dust...